Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2010 11:45:13 -0500

261 
FZPN40 PHFO 101645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC SUN OCT 10 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC OCT 10 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 11 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 12 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N146W TO 28N154W TO 30N166W NEARLY STATIONARY AND 
WEAKENING. NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT AND SEAS 9 FT N OF FRONT. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM N OF FRONT W OF 159W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR 
LESS.  

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N169E TO 28N163E TO 29N160E MOVING E 20 KT. 
SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM SE OF FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N170E TO 27N160E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.  

.RIDGE FROM 30N140W TO 28N146W NEARLY STATIONARY.

.RIDGE FROM 30N173W TO 26N170E TO 25N160E NEARLY STATIONARY.

.NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT AND SEAS 8 TO 10 FT E OF 170W BETWEEN 
10N AND 20N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT AND SEAS 8 TO 11 FT E OF 
A LINE FROM 26N140W TO 13N175W TO 09N140W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS AND SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA BOUNDED BY 16N162E AND 20N174W AND 
30N178E AND 25N170E. 

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 09N160W TO 10N171W TO 10N172E TO 07N160E. 
SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 270 NM OF THE ITCZ W OF 
167W AND ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 210 NM OF THE ITCZ E OF 167W.

$$
.FORECASTER BRENCHLEY. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.