Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2010 16:35:06 -0500

586 
FZPN01 KWBC 102134
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC SUN OCT 10 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC OCT 10. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 11. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 12. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 43N154W 1001 MB. FROM 36N TO 45N BETWEEN 
146W AND 164W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N138W 982 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM LOW 
TO 50N135W TO 40N149W. WITHIN 240 NM S QUADRANT AND 180 NM E OF 
FRONT N OF 51N WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 14 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 300 NM E AND SE OF FRONT AND FROM 50N TO 59N BETWEEN 131W 
AND 151W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 60N135W 988 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. FROM 51N TO 55N BETWEEN 
131W AND 139W WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 16 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 49N TO 57N BETWEEN 129W AND 148W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 
TO 19 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL INLAND. CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 
55N143W BELOW. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.COMPLEX LOW WITH MEAN CENTER 36N180W 1009 MB MOVING S 10 KT. 
FROM 32N TO 40N BETWEEN 170W AND 168E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 33N180W 1015 MB. WITHIN 240 NM NW AND 420 
NM NE QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. FROM 32N TO 37N BETWEEN 152W 
AND 172W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 53N156W 996 MB MOVING E 15 KT. FROM 41N TO 50N BETWEEN 142W 
AND 170W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N143W 999 MB. FROM 46N TO 55N BETWEEN 
130W AND 146W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 56N138W 
DESCRIBED ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 30N TO 38N BETWEEN 121W AND 126W AREA OF N TO NW WINDS TO 
25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 34N TO 41N BETWEEN 124W AND 128W AREA OF 
N TO NW WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N 
TO 43N BETWEEN 122W AND 132W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 32N TO 43N BETWEEN 124W AND 132W AREA OF 
N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA 45N159E 998 MB. FROM 38N TO 49N 
W OF 168E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N169E 999 MB. WITHIN 540 NM E SEMICIRCLE 
AND 300 NM SW QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 53N173W 1004 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. WITHIN 420 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. FROM 44N TO 55N BETWEEN 163W 
AND 174W AREA OF N TO NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DESCRIBED BELOW. 

.WITHIN 180 NM NW OF A FRONT FROM 30N146W TO 34N134W TO 40N125W 
AREA OF NE TO E WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 34N BETWEEN 132W AND 144W AREA OF 
E TO NE WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.OVER WATERS N OF 59N BETWEEN 167W AND 178W AREA OF N WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 55N BETWEEN 164W AND 174W AREA OF N WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 45N TO 59N BETWEEN 156W AND 169W AREA OF 
N TO NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. 24 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 40N TO 48N W OF 164E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 43N TO 51N BETWEEN 174E AND 
167E. 

.HIGH 31N136W 1029 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 38N145W 1035 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N136W 1034 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N132W 1027 MB. 

.HIGH 44N166E 1026 MB MOVING E 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 52N167E 1028 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 47N178E 1031 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 44N173W 1032 MB. 

.FORECASTER BANKS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC SUN OCT 10.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC MON OCT 11.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC TUE OCT 12.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FROM 11N TO 21N W OF 127W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
11 FT IN NE WIND WAVES AND SW SWELL. FROM 10N TO 18N BETWEEN 120W
AND 127W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF LINE FROM
12N100W TO 14N110W TO 15N120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 
FT PRIMARILY IN SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 11N TO 24N W OF 133W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NE SWELL. FROM 11N TO 18N BETWEEN 125W
AND 133W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF LINE FROM
12N96W TO 13N115W TO 15N125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT 
PRIMARILY IN SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 12N TO 20N W OF 135W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 10 FT IN NE SWELL. FROM 12N TO 18N BETWEEN 119W AND 135W 
NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. S OF LINE FROM 10N92W TO 10N110W
TO 10N119W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT PRIMARILY IN SW 
SWELL.

.N OF 29N BETWEEN 125W AND 132W N TO NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 26N W OF 122W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 27N BETWEEN 128W AND 134W NE WINDS 20 KT.
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN MIXED NE WIND WAVES AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE 
NW OF LINE FROM 30N119W TO 24N130W TO 24N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL.

.WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 14N95W TO 13N95.5W...INCLUDING 
THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 
FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.18 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC WITHIN 60 NM FROM COAST
N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.30 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.S OF 05N BETWEEN 81W AND 87W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN
SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST S OF 06N BETWEEN 80W AND 87W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 FT PRIMARILY IN SW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST S OF 07N BETWEEN 79W AND 87W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 FT PRIMARILY IN SW SWELL. 

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2015 UTC SUN OCT 10... 
.SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 05N78W TO 06N80W.

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 09N85W TO 07N95W TO LOW 
NEAR 08N103W 1011 MB TO 08N113W TO 08N121W TO LOW NEAR 11N133W
1012 MB TO 08N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 
60 NM N OF AXIS BETWEEN 115W AND 117W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN
60 NM S OF AXIS BETWEEN 130W AND 132W.

$$
.FORECASTER AGUIRRE. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.