Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2010 17:45:11 -0500

576 
FZPN40 PHFO 102245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC SUN OCT 10 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC OCT 10 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 11 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 12 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N172E TO 26N162E MOVING E 20 KT AND SLOWING. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM SE...AND WITHIN 60 NM NW...OF FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N174E TO 29N166E TO 30N162E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MOVED N OF FORECAST AREA.

.FRONT FROM 30N146W TO 29N153W TO 30N161W NEARLY STATIONARY AND 
WEAKENING. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.

.TROUGH FROM 13N171W TO 10N173W TO 08N179E MOVING W 10 KT. SCATTERED 
MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS BOUNDED BY 15N177E TO 13N170W TO 07N168W TO 
08N176W TO 12N175E TO 15N177E.

.TROUGH FROM 20N166E TO 15N164E MOVING W 10 KT. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS IN AREA FROM 16N TO 21N BETWEEN 162E AND 169E.

.RIDGE FROM 30N170W TO 27N180E TO 26N171E NEARLY STATIONARY.

.NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 09N TO 
20N E OF 153W...AND FROM 12N TO 18N BETWEEN 153W AND 170W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA BOUNDED BY 
22N140W TO 17N177W TO 13N178W TO 08N153W TO 13N140W TO 22N140W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 11 FT OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 08N TO 21N E OF 168W. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT FROM 11N TO 16N BETWEEN 168W AND 177W. SEAS 8 TO 9 
FT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 28N BETWEEN 144W AND 165W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT BOUNDED BY 28N140W TO 20N175W TO 
13N180W TO 08N166W TO 05N140W TO 28N140W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 11 FT BOUNDED BY 30N140W TO 16N174E TO 
12N178E TO 05N152W TO 09N140W TO 30N140W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM OF LINE FROM 30N180E TO 
23N173E.

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 08N155W TO 09N165W...AND FROM 07N173E TO 
05N160E. ISOLATED MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS IN AREA FROM 04N TO 09N W 
OF 171E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA FROM 07N TO 10N E OF 160W...
AND FROM 07N TO 13N BETWEEN 160W AND 165W.

$$

.FORECASTER KINEL. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.