Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2010 21:52:17 -0500

088 
ATPQ40 PGUM 110251
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 PM CHST MON OCT 11 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A SURFACE TROUGH NORTH OF THE CNMI STRETCHES NORTHEASTWARD FROM 
21N144E TO BEYOND 25N146E. AN UPPER-LEVEL LOW CENTERED NORTHWEST OF 
PAGAN ISLAND NEAR 20N143E IS HELPING TO PRODUCE SCATTERED SHOWERS 
AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 80 MILES OF THE TROUGH AXIS.

A LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION WEST OF WAKE ISLAND...NEAR 18N163E...IS 
COMBINING WITH UPPER-LEVEL DIVERGENCE TO GENERATE SCATTERED SHOWERS 
AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS BETWEEN 15N AND 19N FROM 162E TO 167E. 

A MONSOON TROUGH EXTENDS EASTWARD FROM THE SOUTHERN PHILIPPINES 
THROUGH A WEAK CIRCULATION CENTERED WEST-NORTHWEST OF KOROR NEAR 
10N129E TO ANOTHER CIRCULATION NEAR GUAM...NEAR 14N146E. SCATTERED 
SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE FOUND IN TWO AREAS. THE FIRST 
IS NORTH OF YAP AND KOROR...WITHIN 120 MILES OF A LINE FROM 10N130E 
TO 11N136E TO 13N139E. THE SECOND IS OVER THE MARIANAS BETWEEN 10N 
AND 16N FROM 144E TO 152E. 

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS PRODUCING SCATTERED SHOWERS FROM 
POHNPEI...ACROSS KOSRAE AND KWAJALEIN...TO NORTHEAST OF MAJURO 
BETWEEN 4N AND 9N FROM 154E TO 168E AND BETWEEN 8N AND 18N FROM 170E 
TO 180.

$$

W. AYDLETT

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.