Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2010 22:42:21 -0500

688 
FZPN01 KWBC 110342
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC MON OCT 11 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC OCT 11. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 12. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 13. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 39N172W 1008 MB MOVING NE 45 KT. FROM 33N TO 41N BETWEEN 
163W AND 175 WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N149W 999 MB. FROM 36N TO 49N BETWEEN 
140W AND 157W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 
.42 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N137W 981 MB. WITHIN 120 NM E...360 NM 
SE AND 180 NM S QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N138W 984 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 51N TO 60N 
BETWEEN 130W AND 150W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 35N180W 1010 MB MOVING S 10 KT. FROM 31N TO 40N BETWEEN 
175W AND 175E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. WITHIN 240 NM EITHER SIDE OF A 
LINE FROM 38N161W TO 32N180W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 31N TO 36N BETWEEN 160W AND 175W WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 53N152W 998 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. WITHIN 420 NM SW...780 NM 
SE AND S QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 23 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N143W 998 MB. WITHIN 540 NM SE QUADRANT 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 58N138W 
DESCRIBED ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 30N TO 43N BETWEEN 121W AND 135W AREA OF N TO NW WINDS TO 
25 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 33N TO 43N BETWEEN 123W AND 131W AREA OF 
N TO NW WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N 
TO 44N BETWEEN 122W AND 135W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 35N TO 45N BETWEEN 125W AND 131W AREA OF 
N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N161E 999 MB. FROM 35N TO 54N W OF 172E 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N170E 998 MB. WITHIN 420 NM S AND SE 
QUADRANTS...AND FROM 40N TO 55N BETWEEN 178W AND 173E WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 45N TO 63N BETWEEN 168W AND 178E AREA OF N TO NW WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 44N TO 63N BETWEEN 158W AND 174W AREA OF 
N TO NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 43N TO 58N BETWEEN 153W AND 166W WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 

.WITHIN 240 NM NW OF A FRONT FROM 33N134W TO 31N143W TO 31N152W 
AREA OF NE WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 43N143W 1008 MB WITH FRONT TO EXTEND 
FROM 49N135W TO LOW TO 33N154W. WITHIN 300 NM SE OF THE 
FRONT...AND 240 NM NW OF THE FRONT W OF 40W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.

.DENSE FOG. 24 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 40N TO 48N W OF 1648E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 45N TO 53N BETWEEN 177E AND 
168E. 

.HIGH 38N145W 1034 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N134W 1031 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 45N128W 1025 MB. 

.HIGH 50N169E 1029 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 46N180W 1033 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 43N171W 1033 MB. 

.HIGH 43N169E 1027 MB MOVING E 10 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.FORECASTER HOLLEY. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC MON OCT 11.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC TUE OCT 12.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC WED OCT 13.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FROM 11N TO 21N W OF 127W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
11 FT IN NE WIND WAVES AND SW SWELL. FROM 10N TO 18N BETWEEN 120W
AND 127W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF LINE FROM
12N100W TO 14N110W TO 15N120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 
FT PRIMARILY IN SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 11N TO 24N W OF 133W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NE SWELL. FROM 11N TO 18N BETWEEN 125W
AND 133W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF LINE FROM
12N96W TO 13N115W TO 15N125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT 
PRIMARILY IN SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 12N TO 18N W OF 135W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 9 FT IN NE SWELL. S OF LINE FROM 09N92W TO 09N102W TO 
09N115W TO 09N125W TO 12N135W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 
FT PRIMARILY IN SW SWELL.

.N OF 29N BETWEEN 125W AND 132W N TO NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 26N W OF 122W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NW OF LINE FROM 30N118W TO 24N130W TO 24N140W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT PRIMARILY IN N SWELL.

.WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 14N95W TO 13N95.5W...INCLUDING 
THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 
FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC WITHIN 60 NM FROM COAST
N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.S OF 05N BETWEEN 81W AND 87W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN
SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST S OF 06N BETWEEN 80W AND 86W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 FT PRIMARILY IN SW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST S OF 07N BETWEEN 79W AND 86W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 FT PRIMARILY IN SW SWELL. 

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0315 UTC MON OCT 11... 
.SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 05N78W TO 06N80W.

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 09N85W TO 08N92W TO LOW 
NEAR 08N104W 1010 MB TO 08N113W TO 08N121W TO LOW NEAR 11N137W
1010 MB TO 08N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN
60 NM N OF AXIS BETWEEN 137W AND 139W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 
60 NM S OF AXIS BETWEEN 115W AND 117W.

$$
.FORECASTER AGUIRRE. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.