Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2010 23:45:08 -0500

014 
FZPN40 PHFO 110445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC MON OCT 11 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC OCT 11 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 12 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 13 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N172E TO 26N161E NEARLY STATIONARY. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM SE OF FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N171E TO 29N164E TO 30N162E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MOVED N OF FORECAST AREA.

.TROUGH FROM 13N171W TO 10N175W TO 09N178E MOVING W 10 KT. SCATTERED 
MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS BOUNDED BY 15N176E 13N168W 06N170W 08N175E 
15N176E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 14N178W TO 09N178E TO 07N175E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 13N176E 1008 MB. E TO SE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
WITHIN 270 NM NE QUADRANT OF LOW.

.TROUGH FROM 21N164E TO 15N162E MOVING W 15 KT. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS FROM 15N TO 20N BETWEEN 162E AND 169E.

.RIDGE FROM 30N170W TO 27N180E TO 26N172E NEARLY STATIONARY.

.NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 09N TO 20N E OF 154W...AND FROM 12N 
TO 18N BETWEEN 154W AND 171W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 13N TO 20N E OF 
150W...AND FROM 13N TO 17N BETWEEN 150W AND 175W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT FOR WINDS WITH NEW LOW DESCRIBED ABOVE... 
WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 8 TO 11 FT OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 08N TO 21N E OF LINE 
FROM 21N170W TO 15N176W TO 08N172W. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT N OF 28N 
BETWEEN 143W AND 161W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT BOUNDED BY 28N140W 20N175W 13N180W 
08N166W 05N140W 28N140W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 11 FT BOUNDED BY 30N140W 16N174E 05N154W 
09N140W 30N140W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS BOUNDED BY 30N176W 24N180E 19N170E 26N171E 
30N175E 30N176W.

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 08N155W TO 09N167W...AND FROM 08N173E TO 
06N165E TO 05N160E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 04N TO 09N W OF 
173E...FROM 07N TO 10N E OF 160W...AND FROM 07N TO 12N BETWEEN 160W 
AND 167W.

$$

.FORECASTER KINEL. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.