Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 04:49:27 -0500

354 
FZPN01 KWBC 110949
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC MON OCT 11 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC OCT 11. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 12. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 13. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 40N165W 1008 MB MOVING NE 40 KT WITH A FRONT EXTENDING FROM 
42N162W TO LOW TO 30N174E. WITHIN 300 NM EITHER SIDE OF THE 
FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N144W 993 MB WITH A FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
LOW TO 42N148W TO 36N158W TO 31N178E. WITHIN 540 NM NE 
QUADRANT...AND WITHIN 420 NM SE OF THE FRONT E OF 158W WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 300 NM NW OF THE 
FRONT W OF 158W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N139W 977 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SE...120 NM 
E AND S QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N139W 989 MB. WITHIN 420 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 54N148W 998 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. WITHIN 780 NM SE AND 660 NM 
S QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N144W 998 MB. FROM 54N TO 60N BETWEEN 
134W AND 146W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 59N139W 
DESCRIBED ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 35N TO 42N BETWEEN 123W AND 129W AREA OF N TO NW WINDS 30 
TO 40 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 43N BETWEEN 120W 
AND 133W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 35N TO 42N BETWEEN 124W AND 129W AREA OF 
N TO NW WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N 
TO 44N BETWEEN 123W AND 132W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 37N TO 44N BETWEEN 125W AND 130W AREA OF 
N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW W OF AREA 45N153E 999 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. FROM 37N TO 48N W 
OF 165E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N164E 1000 MB. FROM 37N TO 54N W OF 175E 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N174E 998 MB. FROM 40N TO 56N BETWEEN 
175W AND 168E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 44N140W 1002 MB WITH FRONT TO EXTEND 
FROM 50N132W TO LOW TO 34N145W TO 30N153W. WITHIN 300 NM SE OF 
THE FRONT E OF 145W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 NM NW OF THE FRONT W OF 145W WINDS TO 25 
KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 45N TO 65N BETWEEN 165W AND 180W AREA OF N TO NW WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 45N TO 63N BETWEEN 158W AND 171W AREA OF 
N TO NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 41N TO 56N BETWEEN 150W AND 164W WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 

.WITHIN 300 NM NW OF A FRONT FROM 32N133W TO 30N150W AREA OF NE 
TO E WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.DENSE FOG. 24 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 40N TO 50N BETWEEN 170E AND 162E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 44N TO 52N BETWEEN 180W AND 
170E. 

.HIGH 38N141W 1035 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N134W 1031 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.HIGH 49N173E 1030 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 46N177W 1032 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 43N169W 1033 MB. 

.FORECASTER HOLLEY. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC MON OCT 11.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC TUE OCT 12.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC WED OCT 13.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.N OF 11N W OF 125W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN 
MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 12N W OF 91W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT PRIMARILY IN S SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 11N W OF 123W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 12 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL...HIGHEST SEAS NEAR 30N130W. 
ELSEWHERE S OF 12N W OF 92W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT 
PRIMARILY IN S SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST W OF LINE 30N118W TO 10N140W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT PRIMARILY IN MIXED N AND S SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE S OF 08N W OF 94W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT 
PRIMARILY IN S SWELL. 

.S OF 05N BETWEEN 80W AND 87W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 
FT PRIMARILY IN SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST S OF 08N BETWEEN 78W AND 86W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 FT PRIMARILY IN SW SWELL. 

.42 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS 
THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W INCLUDING THE 
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC MON OCT 11...  

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 08N TO 10N BETWEEN 
82W AND 140W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 60 NM OF 
06.5N78W AND 07N82W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 
30 NM OF 08N110W AND 10N117W AND 09N122W.

$$
.FORECASTER NELSON. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.