Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 05:45:14 -0500

231 
FZPN40 PHFO 111045
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC MON OCT 11 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC OCT 11 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 12 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 13 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 19N161E 1012 MB MOVING W 10 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED W OF AREA.

.WEAKENING FRONT FROM 30N175E TO 27N172E TO 26N167E NEARLY 
STATIONARY. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF A LINE FROM 
30N178W TO 26N173E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.

.TROUGH FROM 13N174W TO 08N178W MOVING W 10 KT. SCATTERED 
MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 150 NM OF A LINE FROM 08N164W TO 
14N174W TO 09N179W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 12N179E 1008 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 14N176E 1006 MB. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT AND SEAS 8 
TO 11 FT WITHIN 240 NM OF LOW N SEMICIRCLE.

.RIDGE FROM 30N170W TO 27N177E MOVING NE 15 KT.

.NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BOUNDED BY 21N157W 20N140W 13N140W 
08N150W 15N175W 21N157W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 11N TO 19N E OF 
160W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 8 TO 11 FT BOUNDED BY 15N145W 13N140W 05N140W 15N180W 15N145W. 
SEAS 9 FT N OF 28N BETWEEN 145W AND 160W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT BOUNDED BY 30N140W 04N140W 15N180W 
30N140W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 11 FT BOUNDED BY 25N150W 15N140W 07N140W 
15N170W 25N150W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 10N140W TO 08N150W TO 07N160W AND FROM 09N170E TO 
07N160E. ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF ITCZ.

$$
.HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.