Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 10:42:34 -0500

827 
FZPN01 KWBC 111542
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC MON OCT 11 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC OCT 11. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 12. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 13. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 42N159W 1007 MB MOVING NE 45 KT. FROM 36N TO 45N BETWEEN 
147W AND 171W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. ALSO N OF 45N 
BETWEEN 165W AND 175W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N139W 984 MB WITH A FRONT FROM LOW TO 
46N140W TO 39N151W. FROM 47N TO 55N BETWEEN 134W AND 139W WINDS 
40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 48N TO 56N BETWEEN 
129W AND 149W...AND WITHIN 300 NM E AND SE OF THE FRONT WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. ALSO FROM 39N TO 60N BETWEEN 154W 
AND 169W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N145W 1001 MB. FROM 39N TO 59N BETWEEN 
145W AND 162W...AND N OF 52N E OF 145W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
15 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 32N TO 43N BETWEEN 123W AND A LINE FROM 32N141W TO 43N126W 
N WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 34N TO 43N BETWEEN 125W AND 129W N WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 39N BETWEEN 124W AND 134W WINDS 
LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 55N145W 998 MB MOVING NE 05 KT. FROM 45N TO 54N BETWEEN 
128W AND 154W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N144W 997 MB. FROM 56N TO 60N E OF 148W 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 59N145W 
DESCRIBED ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW W OF AREA 45N156E 998 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. FROM 37N TO 50N W 
OF 166E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N166E 999 MB. WITHIN 360 NM E AND NE OF 
A FRONT FROM 52N166E TO 48N169E TO 39N164E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. ALSO W OF THE FRONT WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 
FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N177E 993 MB. FROM 43N TO 59N BETWEEN 
171W AND 172E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 48N137W 995 MB. FROM 39N TO 52N 
BETWEEN 129W AND 141W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 34N179W 1015 MB DRIFTING SE. FROM 32N TO 41N BETWEEN 171W 
AND 171E NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. FROM 33N TO 39N BETWEEN 154W 
AND 177E NE TO E WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 31N TO 34N BETWEEN 146W AND 169W WINDS 
LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 39N161E 1011 MB. WITHIN 240 NM E AND 
SE QUADRANTS WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 41N TO 49N W 
OF 162E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 42N TO 50N BETWEEN 173E AND 
164E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 45N TO 54N BETWEEN 177W AND 
178E.

.HIGH 38N139W 1034 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N133W 1026 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N139W 1019 MB. 

.HIGH 48N176E 1031 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 46N174W 1033 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 42N167W 1033 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 46N169E 1018 MB.

.FORECASTER KELLS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC MON OCT 11.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC TUE OCT 12.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC WED OCT 13.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FROM 12N TO 24N W OF 129W AND NW OF LINE FROM 30N123W TO 
24N129W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW 
SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 12N W OF 93W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 10 FT PRIMARILY IN S SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 13N TO 20N W OF 135W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. NW OF LINE 30N122W TO 
21N133W TO 13N135W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN 
MIXED NE AND NW SWELL...HIGHEST SEAS NEAR 30N130W. ELSEWHERE S 
OF 13N W OF 93W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT PRIMARILY IN S 
SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 23N W OF LINE FROM 30N117W TO 23N124W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT PRIMARILY IN N SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE S OF 07N BETWEEN 102W AND 128W AND FROM 07N TO 15N W 
OF 124W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT PRIMARILY IN S SWELL. 

.S OF 05N BETWEEN 81W AND 86W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 
FT PRIMARILY IN SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST S OF 07N BETWEEN 80W AND 85W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 FT PRIMARILY IN SW SWELL.

.36 HOUR FORECAST N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W...INCLUDING THE 
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 12N97W... 
INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 
9 FT.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1500 UTC MON OCT 11...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 08N83W TO 1011 MB 
LOW PRES NEAR 08N105W TO 1010 MB LOW PRES NEAR 10N120W TO 
10N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG N OF 06N E OF 86W. 
SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG FROM 08N TO 12N BETWEEN 116W 
AND 121W. SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 08N TO 17N W OF 136W.

$$
.FORECASTER HUFFMAN. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.