Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 11:45:10 -0500

875 
FZPN40 PHFO 111645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC MON OCT 11 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC OCT 11 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 12 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 13 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 19N161E 1012 MB MOVING W 10 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED W OF AREA.

.TROUGH FROM 14N175W TO 09N179W MOVING W 10 KT. SCATTERED MODERATE 
TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF A LINE FROM 08N169W TO 13N173W TO 
17N175W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 13N179E 1009 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 15N175E 1008 MB. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT AND SEAS 8 
TO 11 FT WITHIN 240 NM OF LOW N QUADRANT.

.TROUGH FROM 30N178E TO 27N176E TO 23N172E MOVING NE 15 KT AND 
DISSIPATING. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 22N TO 27N BETWEEN 177E 
AND 172E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED.

.TROUGH FROM 11N140W TO 09N144W MOVING W 15 KT AND DISSIPATING.

.RIDGE FROM 30N160W TO 26N180E MOVING NE 15 KT.

.NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BOUNDED BY 24N140W 13N140W 12N165W 
15N177W 24N140W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 8 TO 11 FT BOUNDED BY 30N150W 30N140W 05N140W 15N177W 30N140W. 
SEAS 9 FT N OF 28N W OF 173E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 11 FT BOUNDED BY 30N140W 10N140W 02N150W 
15N180W 30N140W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 10 FT BOUNDED BY 25N150W 15N140W 05N150W 
15N175W 25N150W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 14N140W TO 08N150W TO 08N160W TO 11N170W AND FROM 11N180W 
TO 08N173E TO 07N160E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF ITCZ.

$$
.HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.