Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 13:25:19 -0500

686 
ATHW40 PHFO 111825
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC MON OCT 11 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC OCTOBER 11 2010

TWO SIGNIFICANT AREAS OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS HAVE BEEN 
MOVING ACROSS THE ISLAND CHAIN THIS MORNING.  THE LARGER OF THE TWO 
COVERS THE WINDWARD SLOPES OF MAUI...MOLOKAI AND THE BIG ISLAND AND 
EXTENDS 50 MILES EAST OF HILO AND 150 MILES NORTHEAST OF KAHULUI. 
THE SECOND AREA BLANKETS KAUAI AND EXTENDS 10 TO 20 MILES INTO THE 
KAUAI CHANNEL. A SMALLER AREA OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS 
COVERS WINDWARD OAHU AND ITS ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS UP TO 20 MILES 
NORTHEAST OF KANEOHE.  LEEWARD AREAS OF OAHU...MOLOKAI...MAUI AND 
THE BIG ISLAND ARE MOSTLY CLOUD-FREE EXCEPT FOR PATCHY BROKEN LOW 
CLOUDS OVER THE PAHALA/KAPAPALA AREA OF KAU. THESE TRADE WIND CLOUD 
AREAS HAVE BEEN MOVING TOWARD THE WEST-SOUTHWEST AT 20 TO 25 MILES 
PER HOUR.  

BEYOND THE WINDWARD COASTAL WATERS FROM 22N TO 27N BETWEEN 140W AND 
160W...PATCHES OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS ARE MOVING TOWARD 
THE WEST AT 15 TO 20 MILES PER HOUR.  NORTH OF 27N...LOW CLOUDS ARE 
MORE WIDELY DISPERSED. 

WATER VAPOR DATA SHOW A POORLY DEFINED UPPER LEVEL LOW ABOUT 500 
MILES SOUTHEAST OF HILO.  A BROAD TROUGH EXTENDS FROM THE LOW 
CENTER TO APPROXIMATELY 10N 151W. THE ASSOCIATED SUBTROPICAL JET 
AXIS RUNS ALONG A LINE FROM 19N 167W TO 10N 151W TO 16N 140W.  THE 
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...ITCZ...IS WITHIN A 400 TO 600 MILE 
WIDE BAND TO THE SOUTH OF THE JET.  THE ITCZ IS MOST ACTIVE THIS 
MORNING FAR SOUTHWEST OF THE HAWAIIAN ISLANDS NORTH OF THE EQUATOR 
BETWEEN 170W AND THE DATELINE WITH SOME CLOUD TOPS REACHING UP TO 
55000 FT. 

$$

KODAMA

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.