Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 16:29:58 -0500

729 
FZPN01 KWBC 112129
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC MON OCT 11 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC OCT 11. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 12. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 13. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 44N154W 1002 MB MOVING NE 40 KT WHILE RAPIDLY INTENSIFYING. 
WITHIN 240 NM SE AND S QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 10 TO 
16 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 37N TO 47N BETWEEN 145W AND 163W WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. ALSO N OF 35N BETWEEN 163W AND 173W 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N143W 991 MB. FROM 43N TO 50N BETWEEN 
139W AND 144W WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N139W 973 MB WITH A FRONT FROM LOW TO 
52N133W TO 36N153W. WITHIN 180 NM E AND SE SEMICIRCLES WINDS 45 
TO 60 KT. SEAS 18 TO 24 FT. ALSO N OF 51N WITHIN 120 NM E OF 
FRONT WINDS 45 TO 55 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 
NM OF LOW AND N OF 49N WITHIN 120 NM E OF FRONT WINDS 35 TO 45 
KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. ALSO FROM 49N TO 60N BETWEEN 128W AND 
151W...AND WITHIN 240 NM E AND SE OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. FROM 39N TO 59N BETWEEN 151W AND 168W WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N146W 1004 MB. FROM 40N TO 59N BETWEEN 
142W AND 160W...AND N OF 54N E OF 142W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
14 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 30N TO 43N BETWEEN 124W AND A LINE FROM 30N139W TO 43N126W 
N WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 32N TO 43N BETWEEN 125W AND 131W N WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 39N BETWEEN 124W AND 130W WINDS 
LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 55N143W 999 MB MOVING NE 05 KT. FROM 45N TO 54N BETWEEN 
129W AND 145W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 56N139W 
DESCRIBED ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW JUST W OF AREA 46N159E 998 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. FROM 37N TO 
54N W OF 169E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N168E 997 MB. WITHIN 360 NM NE OF A 
FRONT FROM 54N169E TO 46N170E TO 39N166E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 18 FT. ALSO N OF 45N W OF THE FRONT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N179E 990 MB. FROM 44N TO 58N BETWEEN 
167W AND 175E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 51N135W 993 MB. FROM 45N TO 52N 
BETWEEN 130W AND 135W WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 39N TO 54N BETWEEN 128W AND 140W WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.WITHIN 300 NM N OF A LINE FROM 36N173W TO 32N175E NE WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 32N TO 39N BETWEEN 153W AND 177E NE TO E 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 146W AND 170W NE WINDS 
TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N163E 1009 MB. WITHIN 300 NM E AND SE 
QUADRANTS WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 40N TO 50N W 
OF 166E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 44N TO 53N BETWEEN 175E AND 
166E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 52N TO 56N BETWEEN 175W AND 
180W...AND FROM 40N TO 43N BETWEEN 166E AND 163E. 

.HIGH 39N136W 1033 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N132W 1026 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N138W 1022 MB. 

.HIGH 48N178E 1032 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 44N171W 1032 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N166W 1033 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 46N174E 1020 MB. 

.FORECASTER KELLS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC MON OCT 11.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC TUE OCT 12.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC WED OCT 13.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FROM 12N TO 21N W OF 125W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT 
PRIMARILY IN NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 12N W OF 93W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT PRIMARILY IN S SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 13N TO 18N W OF 135W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT PRIMARILY IN NE SWELL. S OF 13N W OF 93W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT PRIMARILY IN S SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 12N TO 19N BETWEEN 127W AND 132W NE TO E
WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN S SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 07N 
BETWEEN 96W AND 120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT PRIMARILY 
IN S SWELL. 

.N OF 28N W OF 124W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. 
ELSEWHERE N OF 21N W OF LINE FROM 30N124W TO 21N132W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 28N BETWEEN 127W AND 135W NE WINDS 20 KT.
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE FROM 
30N118W TO 23N130W TO 13N135W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
10 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 21N W OF LINE FROM 30N117W TO 21N125W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT PRIMARILY IN N SWELL.  

.S OF 05N BETWEEN 81W AND 86W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 
FT PRIMARILY IN SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST S OF 07N BETWEEN 80W AND 85W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 FT PRIMARILY IN SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.30 HOUR FORECAST N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W...INCLUDING THE 
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 16N94W 
TO 14N95W TO 12N97W... INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO
NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2115 UTC MON OCT 11...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 08N84W TO 08N94W TO
1011 MB LOW PRES NEAR 08N106W TO 1010 MB LOW PRES NEAR 10N120W 
TO 08N131W TO 10N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN
60 NM S OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 120W AND 125W. SCATTERED MODERATE 
WITHIN 60 NM N OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 115W AND 118W.

$$
.FORECASTER AGUIRRE. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.