Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 17:45:09 -0500

660 
FZPN40 PHFO 112245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC MON OCT 11 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC OCT 11 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 12 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 13 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.TROUGH FROM 14N178W TO 09N180E TO 07N175E MOVING W 10 KT. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA FROM 14N TO 18N BETWEEN 173W AND 178W...AND 
FROM 06N TO 11N BETWEEN 172E AND 176W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 13N177E 1008 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 15N173E 1008 MB. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT AND SEAS 8 
TO 11 FT WITHIN 240 NM N AND NE QUADRANTS OF LOW.

.TROUGH FROM 30N175E TO 25N166E NEARLY STATIONARY AND WEAKENING. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA FROM 22N TO 28N BETWEEN 167E AND 
177E.

.RIDGE FROM 30N161W TO 27N175W TO 27N176E NEARLY STATIONARY.

.NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA BOUNDED BY 22N140W TO 16N176W TO 
08N154W TO 14N140W TO 22N140W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 12 FT BOUNDED BY 28N140W TO 26N152W TO 17N178W TO 11N175W 
TO 05N150W TO 06N140W TO 28N140W. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT OVER FORECAST 
WATERS N OF 29N W OF 175E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 11 FT BOUNDED BY 30N140W TO 16N175E TO 
06N162W TO 10N140W TO 30N140W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN AREA FROM 11N TO 19N BETWEEN 
149W AND 162W...AND OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 29N BETWEEN 160W AND 
170W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 14N TO 
21N W OF 172E.

.ITCZ FROM 10N140W TO 08N155W TO 10N170W TO 12N175W...AND FROM 
08N169E TO 06N160E. ISOLATED STRONG TSTMS IN AREA FROM 09N TO 13N 
BETWEEN 171W AND 175W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA OVER FORECAST 
WATERS FROM 09N TO 14N E OF 144W...FROM 06N TO 11N BETWEEN 144W AND 
167W...AND FROM 05N TO 11N W OF 169E.

$$

.FORECASTER KINEL. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.