Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 22:43:58 -0500

398 
FZPN01 KWBC 120343
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC TUE OCT 12 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC OCT 12. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 13. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 14. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 46N148W 1000 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. WITHIN 240 NM SE AND 360 
NM S QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 23 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 37N TO 50N BETWEEN 140W AND 155W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 
TO 15 FT. ALSO FROM 35N TO 50N BETWEEN 132W AND 165W WINDS TO 25 
KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N140W 982 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SE AND 240 
NM S QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N139W 980 MB. WITHIN 180 NM SE AND S 
QUADRANTS WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 18 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
50N TO 60N BETWEEN 128W AND 150W...AND WITHIN 180 NM SE OF A 
FRONT FROM 50N130W TO 47N135W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 11 TO 22 
FT. ALSO WITHIN 1140 NM SW QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 
12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N143W 1002 MB. WITHIN 540 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 30N TO 43N BETWEEN 123W AND A LINE FROM 30N139W TO 43N126W 
N WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 33N TO 44N BETWEEN 125W AND 130W N WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 48N161E 999 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. FROM 35N TO 54N W OF 171E 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N171E 998 MB. FROM 40N TO 56N BETWEEN 
178W TO 173E...AND WITHIN 360 NM SW QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N174W 992 MB. FROM 43N TO 58N BETWEEN 
164W AND 176E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 40N145W 1008 MB WITH FRONT TO EXTEND 
FROM 47N135W TO LOW TO 32N153W. WITHIN 240 NM SE AND 180 NM NW 
OF THE FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N134W 990 MB. FROM 47N TO 53N BETWEEN 
128W AND 136W WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 40N TO 56N BETWEEN 127W AND 152W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 16 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 56N143W 998 MB MOVING N 05 KT. FROM 51N TO 59N BETWEEN 131W 
AND 146W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 57N139W 
DESCRIBED IN WARNINGS SECTION ABOVE. 

.FROM 30N TO 40N BETWEEN 165W AND 170E AREA OF NE WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 38N BETWEEN 153W AND 180 AREA OF 
NE TO E WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 142W AND 180W NE TO E 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 43N165E 1010 MB. WITHIN 300 NM E AND SE 
QUADRANTS WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 40N TO 50N W 
OF 168E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 44N TO 52N BETWEEN 176E AND 
168E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 53N TO 57N BETWEEN 172W AND 
176W...AND FROM 40N TO 46N BETWEEN 178E AND 164E. 

.HIGH 40N134W 1031 MB MOVING E 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N131W 1031 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 46N179W 1033 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 43N170W 1034 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N166W 1032 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 46N174E 1022 MB. 

.FORECASTER HOLLEY. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC TUE OCT 12.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC WED OCT 13.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC THU OCT 14.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.36 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 16N94.5W
TO 14N95W...INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO
14N96W...INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 
40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 18 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FROM 12N TO 22N W OF 125W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT 
PRIMARILY IN NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 12N W OF 93W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT PRIMARILY IN S SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 13N TO 18N W OF 125W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 9 FT. S OF 13N W OF 93W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT 
PRIMARILY IN S SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 12N TO 18N W OF 129W NE TO E WINDS TO 20 
KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN S SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 06N BETWEEN 100W AND
128W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT PRIMARILY IN S SWELL. 

.N OF 28N W OF 124W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. 
ELSEWHERE N OF 21N W OF LINE FROM 30N124W TO 21N132W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 28N BETWEEN 127W AND 135W NE WINDS TO 20 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE 
FROM 30N118W TO 23N130W TO 18N135W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 10 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 20N W OF 120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
TO 9 FT PRIMARILY IN N SWELL.  

.S OF 05N BETWEEN 81W AND 86W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 
FT PRIMARILY IN SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST S OF 07N BETWEEN 80W AND 85W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 FT PRIMARILY IN SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W...INCLUDING THE 
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST...EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...ELSEWHERE N OF 
13N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST...EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...WITHIN 60 NM 
EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 16N94W TO 14N95W TO 12N97W N TO NE WINDS
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0300 UTC TUE OCT 12...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 08N78W TO 08N91W TO
07N98W TO 1010 MB LOW PRES NEAR 08N106W TO 1008 MB LOW PRES NEAR
11N120W TO 08N131W TO 10N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 120 NM 
S OF AXIS BETWEEN 119W AND 123W...AND 60 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN
124W AND 127W.

$$
.FORECASTER AGUIRRE. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.