Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 23:45:07 -0500

815 
FZPN40 PHFO 120445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC TUE OCT 12 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC OCT 12 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 13 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 14 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.TROUGH FROM 15N180W TO 10N179E TO 08N174E MOVING W 10 KT. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF LINE FROM 17N178W TO 12N176E TO 
08N180E TO 07N170E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 14N176E 1009 MB. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT AND 
SEAS 8 TO 9 FT WITHIN 210 NM N QUADRANT OF LOW.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 16N173E 1009 MB. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT AND SEAS 8 
TO 12 FT WITHIN 240 NM N AND NE QUADRANTS OF LOW.

.TROUGH FROM 30N174E TO 27N168E NEARLY STATIONARY AND WEAKENING. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA FROM 21N TO 28N BETWEEN 167E AND 
175E.

.RIDGE FROM 30N161W TO 27N175W TO 27N176E NEARLY STATIONARY.

.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N150W TO 29N163W TO 30N173W. NE TO E 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF FRONT BETWEEN 154W AND 169W.

.NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BOUNDED BY 20N140W15N159W 07N155W 12N140W 
20N140W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 12 FT BOUNDED BY 28N140W 26N154W 17N179W 10N173W 04N146W 
08N140W 28N140W. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT N OF 28N BETWEEN 162E AND 177E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 11 FT BOUNDED BY 30N140W 16N178E 06N162W 
08N140W 30N140W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 9 FT FROM 11N TO 19N BETWEEN 149W AND 
162W...AND N OF 29N BETWEEN 154W AND 170W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 14N TO 20N W OF 169E.

.ITCZ FROM 10N140W TO 08N155W TO 09N170W TO 12N175W...AND FROM 
07N168E TO 06N160E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 08N TO 13N E OF 
145W...FROM 06N TO 10N BETWEEN 145W AND 167W...FROM 07N TO 13N 
BETWEEN 167W AND 175W...AND FROM 05N TO 11N W OF 168E.

$$

.FORECASTER KINEL. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.