Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 05:45:13 -0500

340 
FZPN40 PHFO 121045
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC TUE OCT 12 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC OCT 12 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 13 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 14 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.TROUGH FROM 14N180W TO 09N170E MOVING W 10 KT. SCATTERED STRONG 
TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF 14N178E AND ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 
NM OF A LINE FROM 09N175E TO 10N170E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 13N174E 1007 MB. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT AND 
SEAS 9 FT WITHIN 300 NM N QUADRANT OF LOW.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 14N171E 1007 MB. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT AND SEAS 8 
TO 11 FT WITHIN 300 NM N QUADRANT OF LOW.

.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 11N141W 1013 MB.

.48 HOUR FORECAST SHEAR LINE FROM 30N147W TO 28N158W TO 30N163W. NE 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT AND SEAS 9 FT N OF THE SHEAR LINE.

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 13N TO 21N BETWEEN 143W AND 157W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 8 TO 12 FT BOUNDED BY 30N140W 05N140W 15N180W 30N140W. SEAS 9 
FT N OF 28N BETWEEN 177E AND 163E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 10 FT BOUNDED BY 30N140W 05N140W 15N175W 
 30N140W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 FT FROM 10N TO 19N BETWEEN 150W AND 165W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ONE SEGMENT OF THE ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 22N148W TO 06N158W TO 
14N180W. SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 150 NM OF THE 
ITCZ E OF 150W AND ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS ELSEWHERE WITHIN 150 NM 
OF THE ITCZ. SECOND SEGMENT OF THE ITCZ FROM 10N170E TO 09N160E. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF THE ITCZ.

$$
.HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.