Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 06:25:55 -0500

970 
FZPN01 KWBC 121125 CCA
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST...CORRECTED
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC TUE OCT 12 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

CORRECTION TO FIRST SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST SECTION PARAGRAPH 2

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC OCT 12. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 13. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 14. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 50N143W 993 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. WITHIN 240 NM E...360 NM SE 
AND S QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 38N TO 53N BETWEEN 134W AND 153W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 
TO 18 FT.  
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N138W 975 MB. WITHIN 120 NM NE AND S 
SEMICIRCLES WINDS 45 TO 60 KT. SEAS 14 TO 25 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND 59N136W 998 MB. FROM 52N TO 60N 
BETWEEN 133W AND 152W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 1140 NM SW QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 
12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND WITH ASSOCIATED 
CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...STORM WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 44N141W 1004 MB. WITHIN 120 NM 
NW...600 NM NE...360 NM SE AND 720 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N134W 976 MB. WITHIN 120 NM E AND SW 
SEMICIRCLES WINDS 45 TO 60 KT. SEAS 13 TO 25 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 240 NM S SEMICIRCLE AND...180 NM NW...NE AND E QUADRANTS 
WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. ALSO WITHIN 600 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE...AND 360 NM SE AND 240 NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 30N TO 43N BETWEEN 123W AND A LINE FROM 30N134W TO 44N127W 
N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 40N TO 45N BETWEEN 125W AND 130W N TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 49N164E 998 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. FROM 40N TO 54N BETWEEN 
174E AND 164E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
35N TO 56N W OF 176E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N175E 995 MB. FROM 40N TO 57N BETWEEN 
173W TO 168E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N169W 1000 MB. FROM 43N TO 55N BETWEEN 
160W AND 177W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 56N143W 998 MB MOVING N 05 KT. FROM 55N TO 60N BETWEEN 134W 
AND 150W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 56N138W 
DESCRIBED IN WARNINGS SECTION ABOVE. 

.WITHIN 420 NM NW OF A LINE FROM 34N165W TO 31N174E NE WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 160W AND 180W E WINDS 
TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 145W AND 175W NE TO E 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N168E 1009 MB. WITHIN 360 NM E AND SE 
QUADRANTS WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 41N TO 51N W 
OF 170E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 44N TO 54N BETWEEN 179W AND 
172E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 40N TO 47N BETWEEN 180W AND 
166E. 

.HIGH 41N133W 1029 MB MOVING E 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N131W 1022 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 46N176W 1032 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 43N169W 1033 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N163W 1031 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 46N164E 1018 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 48N178E 1022 MB. 

.FORECASTER HOLLEY. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC TUE OCT 12.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC WED OCT 13.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC THU OCT 14.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.30 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 
13N96W INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 16N94.5W 
TO 13N96W INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 
TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.N OF 26N W OF 125W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. 
ELSEWHERE W OF LINE 30N122W TO 22N132W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 9 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 22N W OF 125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 10 FT PRIMARILY IN NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 20N W OF 120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
TO 8 FT PRIMARILY IN N SWELL.  

.LOW PRES 10N122W 1011 MB TROUGH NE TO 14N117W. FROM 12N TO 18N 
W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT PRIMARILY IN NE 
SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 12N W OF 93W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
TO 9 FT PRIMARILY IN S SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 12N127W 1008 MB TROUGH NE TO 16N122W. 
W OF LOW PRES AND TROUGH NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE 
S OF 12N W OF 95W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT PRIMARILY 
IN S SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 13N130W 1009 MB TROUGH NE TO 18N126W. 
W OF LOW PRES AND TROUGH NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. ELSEWHERE S 
OF 12N BETWEEN 100W AND 130W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT 
PRIMARILY IN S SWELL. 

.S OF 07N BETWEEN 81W AND 86W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 
FT PRIMARILY IN SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST S OF 07N BETWEEN 80W AND 85W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 FT PRIMARILY IN SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 97 INCLUDING THE GULF 
OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.30 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 60 NM 
EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 12N97W INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 90 NM 
EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 12N97W TO 11N98W INCLUDING THE 
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC TUE OCT 12...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 08N78W TO LOW PRES 
10N122W TO 08N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG N OF 03N 
E OF 80W AND WITHIN 60 NM LINE 14N119W TO 08N128W.

$$
.FORECASTER NELSON. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.