Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 09:57:45 -0500

049 
ATPQ40 PGUM 121457
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 AM CHST WED OCT 13 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A MONSOON TROUGH EXTENDS EASTWARD FROM THE PHILIPPINES THROUGH A 
CIRCULATION NORTH OF KOROR NEAR 12N134E TO ANOTHER CIRCULATION NEAR 
GUAM AT 12N142E...THE SUBJECT OF A JTWC TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION 
ALERT. AN UPPER LOW WEST OF PAGAN ISLAND IS CENTERED NEAR 20N140E. 
THESE FEATURES AND TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE SOUTH OF GUAM ARE 
PRODUCING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS IN AN AREA 
FROM 17N144E TO 13N130E TO 2N150E BACK TO 17N144E...INCLUDING THE 
MARIANAS AND YAP.

A LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION WEST OF WAKE ISLAND NEAR 18N158E AND 
UPPER-LEVEL DIVERGENCE AROUND AN UPPER LOW AT 23N168E ARE GENERATING 
SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 100 MILES OF A 
LINE EXTENDING FROM 16N154E TO 20N160E...AND WITHIN 90 MILES OF A 
LINE EXTENDING FROM 14N162E TO 19N170E.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS PRODUCING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW 
THUNDERSTORMS NEAR KOSRAE AND ACROSS THE MARSHALLS IN A BROAD AREA 
WITHIN 200 MILES OF A LINE EXTENDING FROM 6N163E TO 16N178E.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.