Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 10:45:01 -0500

986 
FZPN01 KWBC 121544
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST...CORRECTED 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC TUE OCT 12 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC OCT 12
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 13
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 14. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 54N140W 976 MB MOVING N 30 KT. WITHIN 360 NM SE SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 45 TO 60 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. WITHIN 480 NM SW QUADRANT 
AND WITHIN 240 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 42N148W TO 51N138W 
WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 600 NM OF 
LOW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N138W 970 MB. WITHIN 180 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 50 TO 60 KT. SEAS 14 TO 25 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N143W 1000 MB. FROM 53N TO 56N E OF 145W 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 1140 NM SW 
QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND WITH ASSOCIATED 
CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 47N136W 999 MB. WITHIN 120 NM NW AND 
600 NM SE SEMICIRCLES WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. 
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N135W 970 MB. WITHIN 540 NM SW AND SE 
SEMICIRCLES WINDS 45 TO 60 KT. SEAS 13 TO 25 FT. WITHIN 660 NM 
OF LOW WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 780 
NM OF LOW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N136W 978 MB. WITHIN 420 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. OVER FORECAST 
WATERS...ELSEWHERE WITHIN 600 NM OF LOW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 16 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.WITHIN 300 NM OF CALIFORNIA COAST N OF 36N AND S OF 42N WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 49N168E 998 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. WITHIN 360 NM E SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 540 NM OF 
LOW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N178E 993 MB. WITHIN 480 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT S OF ALEUTIAN 
ISLANDS AND 8 TO 16 FT N OF ALEUTIAN ISLANDS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N165W 1003 MB. WITHIN 600 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 56N146W 997 MB MOVING N 05 KT. FROM 55N TO 60N BETWEEN 134W 
AND 150W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 56N138W 
DESCRIBED IN WARNINGS SECTION ABOVE. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 40N162E 1010 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. WITHIN 
180 NM E QUADRANT WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N170E 1009 MB. WITHIN 180 NM SE QUADRANT 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 42N TO 51N W 
OF 172E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 44N TO 54N BETWEEN 179W AND 
172E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 40N TO 49N BETWEEN 177W AND 
169E. 

.HIGH 41N133W 1028 MB MOVING E 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N130W 1022 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 46N176W 1033 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 42N167W 1034 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N160W 1031 MB. 

.FORECASTER GLAZEWSKI. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC TUE OCT 12.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC WED OCT 13.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC THU OCT 14.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 
14.5N95W TO 13N96W INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 16N94.5W 
TO 14N95W TO 12.5N96.5W INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N 
TO NE WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.N OF 26N W OF 135W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NE SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE 30N121W TO 25N133W TO 25N140W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 1FT IN MIXED N TO NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 22N W OF 125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 10 FT PRIMARILY IN NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 20N W OF 120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
TO 8 FT PRIMARILY IN N SWELL.  

.LOW PRES 09.5N129.5W 1011 MB WITH TROUGH NE TO 13N123W. WITHIN 
90 NM N SEMICIRCLE OF LOW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. 
ELSEWHERE N OF TROUGH TO 15N NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF ITCZ TO LINE 14N129.5W TO 21N140W NE TO 
E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE S OF 10N W OF 92W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT 
PRIMARILY IN S SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW PRES 10N136W 1008 MB WITH TROUGH NE TO 
SECOND LOW 14N129W 1007 MB. WITHIN 210 NM N SEMICIRCLE OF SECOND 
LOW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF TROUGH 
AND LOWS TO 17N NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
17N TO 11N W OF LOW PRES NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE 
S OF 12N W OF 95W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT PRIMARILY 
IN S SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 13N TO 17N W OF 131W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
8 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF 12N BETWEEN 100W AND 130W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT PRIMARILY IN S SWELL. 

.S OF 07N BETWEEN 81W AND 87W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 
FT IN SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST S OF 07N BETWEEN 80W AND 87W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 FT PRIMARILY IN SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.12 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N OF 14.5N N WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED ABOVE IN WARNING...WITHIN 60 
NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 14.5N95W TO 12.5N96.5W 
INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED ABOVE IN WARNING...WITHIN 90 
NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 14N95W TO 10N99W INCLUDING 
THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 
FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1500 UTC TUE OCT 12...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS ALONG 08N78W TO 
DISSIPATING 1011 MB LOW PRES NEAR 08N110W TO ANOTHER LOW 1011 MB 
NEAR 11N124W TO 09N140. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG 
CONVECTION IS NOTED N OF 03N E OF 80W. SCATTERED MODERATE 
ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION WITHIN 240 NM W QUADRANT OF LOW NEAR 
11N124W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION WITHIN 
240 NM N AND 60 NM S OF AXIS W OF 136W. 

$$
.FORECASTER STRIPLING. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.