Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 11:45:13 -0500

558 
FZPN40 PHFO 121645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC TUE OCT 12 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC OCT 12 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 13 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 14 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.TROUGH FROM 14N178E TO 09N173E MOVING W 10 KT. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE FROM 14N178E TO 10N174E TO 10N170E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 13N173E 1009 MB. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT AND 
SEAS 9 FT WITHIN 300 NM N QUADRANT OF LOW.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 15N170E 1010 MB. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT AND SEAS 8 
TO 11 FT WITHIN 300 NM N QUADRANT OF LOW.

.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 11N141W 1010 MB.

.48 HOUR FORECAST SHEAR LINE FROM 30N147W TO 29N155W TO 30N163W. NE 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT AND SEAS 9 FT N OF THE SHEAR LINE.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 8 TO 11 FT BOUNDED BY 30N140W 08N140W 02N1502 15N180W 30N140W. 
SEAS 9 FT N OF 28N BETWEEN 177E AND 163E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 10 FT BOUNDED BY 25N150W 10N140W  
05N155W 05N175W 15N150W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 FT FROM 12N TO 18N BETWEEN 150W AND 165W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE FROM 18N168E TO 
15N163E.

.ITCZ FROM 10N140W TO 11N148W TO 07N156W TO 07N165W TO 14N180W. 
SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 150 NM OF THE ITCZ E OF 
150W AND WEST OF 174W...ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS ELSEWHERE WITHIN 150 
NM OF THE ITCZ.

$$
.HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.