Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 13:33:16 -0500

217 
ATHW40 PHFO 121833
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC TUE OCT 12 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC OCTOBER 12 2010

ACROSS THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...BROKEN LOW CLOUDS COVER THE EAST 
AND SOUTHEAST SECTIONS OF KAUAI...AND EXTEND OFFSHORE TO THE WEST 
SOUTHWEST ACROSS NIIHAU. BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ALSO COVER THE SLOPES OF 
THE KOOLAU RANGE ON OAHU...AND EASTERN MOLOKAI EAST OF KAMALO. 
SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ARE LOCATED OVER NORTHEAST SECTIONS 
OF LANAI. BROKEN LOW CLOUDS COVER THE SLOPES OF THE WEST MAUI 
MOUNTAINS...AND EASTERN SLOPES OF HALEAKALA FROM NAHIKU TO HANA TO 
KAUPO BELOW 6000 FT. 

ON THE BIG ISLAND...SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ARE LOCATED OVER 
THE WINDWARD SLOPES OF THE KOHALA RANGE. BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW 
CLOUDS COVER PORTIONS OF NORTH AND SOUTH HILO DISTRICTS BELOW 4000 
FT...AND PUNA DISTRICT INLAND FROM THE SOUTHEAST COAST. THESE 
CLOUDS EXTEND 20 MILES OFFSHORE TO THE NORTHEAST OF THE WINDWARD 
COAST. BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW AND MID LEVEL CLOUDS COVER WESTERN KAU 
DISTRICT WEST OF WOOD VALLEY BELOW 8000 FT...AND SOUTH KONA DISTRICT 
SOUTH OF HONAUNAU. THESE CLOUDS EXTEND UP TO 80 MILES OFFSHORE TO 
THE SOUTH AND SOUTHWEST. 

BEYOND THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...AN AREA OF SHOWERY OPEN CELL 
CUMULUS CLOUDS IS LOCATED FROM 21N TO 26N BETWEEN 151W AND 156W...OR 
OVER THE WINDWARD OFFSHORE WATERS. THESE CLOUDS ARE MOVING TO THE 
WEST AT 20 MPH. FARTHER TO THE EAST...AN AREA OF MORE STABLE 
STRATOCUMULUS AND CLOSED CELL CUMULUS CLOUDS IS LOCATED GENERALLY 
EAST OF 149W. THESE CLOUDS ARE GREATEST IN COVERAGE BETWEEN 20N AND 
23N. CLOUD MOTION IS TO THE WEST SOUTHWEST AT 20 MPH. 

ISOLATED CUMULONIMBUS CLOUDS IN THE INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE 
EXTEND AS FAR NORTH AS 15N EAST OF 153W...AND AS FAR NORTH AS 13N 
WEST OF 174W. CLOUD TOPS EXTEND UP TO 48000 FT. BROKEN TO OVERCAST 
CIRRUS AND CIRROSTRATUS CLOUDS EXTEND FARTHER NORTH FROM THE 
CONVECTION...AND ARE LOCATED GENERALLY SOUTH OF A LINE FROM 23N180 
TO 12N158W TO 21N140W. ANOTHER AREA OF BROKEN CIRRUS AND 
CIRROCUMULUS CLOUDS IS LOCATED GENERALLY NORTH OF 26N BETWEEN 157W 
AND 169W. THESE CLOUDS ARE MOVING TO THE EAST AT 30 MPH. 

$$

BRAVENDER

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.