Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 16:58:25 -0500

323 
FZPN01 KWBC 122158
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC TUE OCT 12 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC OCT 12 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 13 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 14. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 56N138W 972 MB MOVING N 25 KT. WITHIN 300 NM S SEMICIRCLE 
AND 120 NM N QUADRANT WINDS 45 TO 60 KT. SEAS 15 TO 27 FT. 
WITHIN 360 NM SW QUADRANT AND WITHIN 240 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 
40N146W TO 51N128W WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 600 NM OF LOW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 
FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N143W 997 MB. WITHIN 180 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
600 NM SE QUADRANT SEAS 12 TO 20 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND WITH ASSOCIATED 
CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N134W 997 MB. WITHIN 120 NM NW AND 360 
NM SE SEMICIRCLES WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. 
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N136W 970 MB. WITHIN 540 NM SW AND SE 
SEMICIRCLES WINDS 45 TO 55 KT. SEAS 13 TO 25 FT. WITHIN 660 NM 
OF LOW WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 780 
NM OF LOW WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND NEAR POSN 58N134W 991 MB. WITHIN 
420 NM SW SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 600 NM OF LOW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 
FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 51N169E 997 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. WITHIN 360 NM E SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 540 NM OF 
LOW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N177W 993 MB. WITHIN 480 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. WITHIN 480 NM SW SEMICIRCLE WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT S OF ALEUTIAN ISLANDS AND 8 TO 16 
FT N OF ALEUTIAN ISLANDS. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N162W 1007 MB. WITHIN 600 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 42N163E 1007 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. WITHIN 
180 NM E QUADRANT WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N171E 1009 MB. WITHIN 180 NM SE QUADRANT 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 43N TO 51N W 
OF 175E. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 40N TO 50N BETWEEN 176W AND 
170E. 

.HIGH 40N132W 1027 MB MOVING E 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N126W 1022 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 43N172W 1033 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N165W 1032 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 39N155W 1031 MB. 

.FORECASTER GLAZEWSKI. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC TUE OCT 12.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC WED OCT 13.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC THU OCT 14.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.18 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 
14.5N95W TO 13N96W...INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 16N94.5W 
TO 14N95W TO 13N96.5W...INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO 
NE WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 16N95W 
TO 14N95W TO 13N97W...INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N 
TO NE WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.N OF 26N W OF 126W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN N TO NE
SWELL. ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE 30N119W TO 25N128W TO 25N140W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW TO N SWELL. S OF 12N W OF 
93W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN S SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NW OF LINE FROM 30N119W TO 22N128W TO 21N140W
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW TO N SWELL. S OF 05N
BETWEEN 95W AND 110W AND S OF 12N BETWEEN 110W AND 130W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN S SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST S OF 07N BETWEEN 93W AND 112W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN S SWELL.

.LOW NEAR 12N125W 1011 MB WITH TROUGH NE TO 14N121W. WITHIN 240 
NM W OF LOW AND TROUGH NE 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NEAR 13N130W 1012 MB WITH TROUGH NE TO 
14N127W. WITHIN 240 NM W OF LOW AND TROUGH NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS
TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW NEAR 14N133W 1012 MB WITH TROUGH NE TO 
17N130W. WITHIN 180 NM W OF LOW AND TROUGH NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
8 FT.

.FROM 12N TO 18N W OF 129W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 13N TO 18N W OF 134W NE WINDS TO 20 KT.
SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST ELSEWHERE FROM 12N TO 20N W OF 121W WINDS LESS
THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN NE SWELL.

.S OF 07N BETWEEN 81W AND 87W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 
FT IN SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST S OF 07N BETWEEN 80W AND 87W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 FT PRIMARILY IN SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC WITHIN 60 NM FROM COAST N WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.18 HOUR FORECAST...EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...WITHIN 60 NM 
EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 16N94.5W TO 13N96W INCLUDING THE GULF 
OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST...EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...WITHIN 75 NM
EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 16N94.5W TO 13N96W TO 12N97W INCLUDING
THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 
FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST ELSEWHERE N OF 13N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W...
INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 30 KT.
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 13N96W
TO 12N98W TO 11N100W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2130 UTC TUE OCT 12...
.LOW NEAR 12N124W 1012 MB WITH TROUGH NE TO 14N122W TO 15N120W.
.SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 120 NM SW QUADRANT
OF LOW...AND WITHIN 60 NM OF TROUGH.

.SCATTERED STRONG S OF THE ITCZ FROM 04N TO 06N BETWEEN 78W AND 
80W.

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS ALONG 08N79W TO 06N90W TO 
06N107W WHERE IT BECOMES DIFFUSE. A 1011 MB LOW IS NEAR 11N123W 
WHERE THE ITCZ THEN RESUMES TO 08N131W TO 10N140W. SCATTERED 
MODERATE WITHIN 120 NM N OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 130W AND 135W.

$$
.FORECASTER AGUIRRE. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.