Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 17:45:12 -0500

851 
FZPN40 PHFO 122245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC TUE OCT 12 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC OCT 12 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 13 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 14 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.TROUGH 06N168E TO 15N176E MOVING W 10 KT. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 360 NM W AND 420 NM E OF THE TROUGH.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 14N171E 1009 MB. WITHIN 360 NM N QUADRANT 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 16N167E 1010 MB. WITHIN 360 NM N QUADRANT 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.

.TROUGH 21N160E TO 26N165E TO 30N169E MOVING W 10 KT. ISOLATED TSTMS 
WITHIN 300 NM E OF THE TROUGH. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW NEAR 28N168W 1018 MB.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.FROM 07N TO 19N E OF 174W...AND FROM 19N TO 25N E OF 154W SEAS 8 TO 
11 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 11N TO 18N BETWEEN 162W AND 147W SEAS TO 9 
FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 27N BETWEEN 173W AND 167W SEAS TO 9 FT.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.SCATTERED TSTMS FROM 11N TO 18N BETWEEN 162E AND 168E. 

.ITCZ 14N178W TO 06N161W TO 10N148W TO 08N140W. SCATTERED TSTMS 
WITHIN 360 NM S AND 240 NM OF THE ITCZ W OF 166W...WITHIN 180 NM OF 
THE ITCZ BETWEEN 166W AND 155W...AND WITHIN 120 NM S AND 420 NM N OF 
THE ITCZ E OF 155W. 

$$
.FORECASTER DEJESUS. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.