Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 19:36:09 -0500

244 
ATHW40 PHFO 130035
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC WED OCT 13 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC OCTOBER 13 2010

ACROSS THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS 
COVER MUCH OF KAUAI AND OAHU...AND ARE GREATEST IN COVERAGE ACROSS 
THE INTERIORS OF THE ISLANDS. AN AREA OF LOW CLOUDS ALSO COVERS 
LEEWARD NIIHAU...AND EXTENDS 40 MILES OFFSHORE TO THE SOUTHWEST. 
BROKEN LOW CLOUDS COVER EASTERN MOLOKAI EAST OF A LINE FROM 
KALAUPAPA TO PUKOO...AND ALSO THE SOUTHERN SLOPES WEST OF 
KAUNAKAKAI. THESE CLOUDS EXTEND 25 MILES OFFSHORE TO THE WEST OF 
LAAU POINT. BROKEN LOW CLOUDS COVER MAUKA LANAI...AS WELL AS LEEWARD 
SECTIONS BETWEEN KAUMALAPAU HARBOR AND LANAI CITY. BROKEN TO 
OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS COVER THE WINDWARD AND INTERIOR SECTIONS OF THE 
WEST MAUI MOUNTAINS...AND LOWER SLOPES OF HALEAKALA FROM KIPAHULU TO 
HUELO TO ULUPALAKUA BELOW 7000 FT. THESE CLOUDS ALSO EXTEND OFFSHORE 
TO THE SOUTHWEST AND COVER A PORTION OF KAHOOLAWE. 

ON THE BIG ISLAND...BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS COVER THE BULK OF 
THE LOWER SLOPES. CLOUDS EXTEND UP TO 8000 FT ACROSS WINDWARD 
SECTIONS OF MAUNA KEA AND MAUNA LOA...AND UP TO 10000 FT ACROSS 
LEEWARD SECTIONS. CLOUDS ARE ONLY SCATTERED TO BROKEN IN COVERAGE 
ACROSS COASTAL SECTIONS OF PUNA DISTRICT...AND ACROSS EASTERN KAU 
DISTRICT JUST WEST OF VOLCANO. CLOUDS ARE ALSO SCATTERED TO BROKEN 
ACROSS LEEWARD SLOPES OF THE KOHALA RANGE...AND ACROSS OF NORTH 
KOHALA DISTRICT NEAR UPOLU POINT. SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS 
EXTEND 30 MILES OFFSHORE TO THE NORTHEAST OF THE WINDWARD COAST... 
AND BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS EXTEND 20 MILES OFFSHORE TO THE 
WEST OF THE KONA COAST. 

UPSTREAM OF THE STATE...AN AREA OF SHOWERY OPEN CELL CUMULUS CLOUDS 
IS LOCATED OVER THE WINDWARD OFFSHORE WATERS...GENERALLY FROM 21N TO 
26N BETWEEN 152W AND 150W. THESE CLOUDS ARE MOVING TO THE WEST AT 20 
MPH...AND HAVE DIMINISHED SOMEWHAT DURING THE DAY. FARTHER TO THE 
EAST...AN AREA OF MORE STABLE STRATOCUMULUS AND CLOSED CELL CUMULUS 
CLOUDS IS LOCATED GENERALLY EAST OF 150W. THESE CLOUDS ARE GREATEST 
IN COVERAGE BETWEEN 20N AND 23N. CLOUD MOTION IS TO THE WEST 
SOUTHWEST AT 20 MPH. 

ISOLATED CUMULONIMBUS CLOUDS IN THE INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE 
EXTEND AS FAR NORTH AS 16N EAST OF 155W...AND AS FAR NORTH AS 13N 
WEST OF 173W. CLOUD TOPS EXTEND UP TO 48000 FT. BROKEN TO OVERCAST 
CIRRUS AND CIRROSTRATUS CLOUDS EXTEND FARTHER NORTH FROM THE 
CONVECTION...AND ARE LOCATED GENERALLY SOUTH OF A LINE FROM 26N180 
TO 12N162W TO 22N140W. WEST OF 162W...THESE CLOUDS ARE MOVING TO 
THE EAST AND SOUTHEAST AT 30 TO 40 MPH. EAST OF 162W...THESE CLOUDS 
ARE MOVING TO THE NORTHEAST AT 60 TO 80 MPH. ANOTHER AREA OF BROKEN 
CIRRUS AND CIRROCUMULUS CLOUDS IS LOCATED GENERALLY NORTH OF 27N 
BETWEEN 155W AND 169W. THESE CLOUDS ARE MOVING TO THE EAST AT 20 TO 
30 MPH. 

$$

BRAVENDER

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.