Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 22:47:26 -0500

059 
FZPN01 KWBC 130347
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC WED OCT 13 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC OCT 13 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 14 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 15. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 58N138W 976 MB MOVING N 20 KT. WITHIN 180 NM SE AND S 
QUADRANTS WINDS 45 TO 60 KT. SEAS 21 TO 31 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
300 NM SE AND S QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 18 TO 27 FT. 
ALSO FROM 50N TO 60N BETWEEN 132W AND 151W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 9 TO 18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND WITH ASSOCIATED 
CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 41N145W 1009 MB MOVING NE 35 KT WHILE RAPIDLY INTENSIFYING. 
FROM 31N TO 45N BETWEEN 135W AND 155W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N135W 985 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE...AND 120 NM NE AND NW QUADRANTS WINDS 45 TO 60 KT. 
SEAS 13 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 43N TO 57N BETWEEN 127W AND 
150W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND 59N134W 994 MB. FROM 46N TO 60N 
BETWEEN 130W AND 148W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 53N171E 998 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. WITHIN 540 NM SE...420 NM 
NE AND SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N173W 998 MB. FROM 44N TO 58N BETWEEN 
163W AND 177E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N156W 1009 MB. WITHIN 600 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW W OF AREA 38N160E MOVING NE 20 KT. FROM 30N TO 40N W OF 
165E WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 44N165E 1007 MB. FROM 38N TO 48N W OF 172E 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N176E 1006 MB. WITHIN 780 NM SE AND 540 
NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 

.FROM 30N TO 40N BETWEEN 160W AND 180W E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 155W AND 175W E WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 155W AND 175W E WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.

.WITHIN 240 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 64N171W TO 59N179E SW WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 63N171W 1000 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 43N TO 53N 
BETWEEN 177E AND 167E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 41N TO 50N W OF 169E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 40N TO 52N BETWEEN 171W AND 
171E. 

.HIGH 45N128W 1025 MB MOVING E 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 43N171W 1034 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N165W 1032 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 39N162W 1030 MB. 

.FORECASTER HOLLEY. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC WED OCT 13.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC THU OCT 14.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FRI OCT 15.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.12 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 
14.5N95W TO 13N96W...INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 16N94.5W 
TO 14N95W TO 13N96.5W...INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO 
NE WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 16N95W 
TO 14N96W TO 13N97W...INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N 
TO NE WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.N OF 26N W OF 126W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN N TO NE
SWELL. ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE 30N119W TO 25N128W TO 25N140W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW TO N SWELL. S OF 12N W OF 
120W AND S OF 10N BETWEEN 104W AND 120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 FT IN S SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NW OF LINE FROM 30N119W TO 22N128W TO 21N140W
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW TO N SWELL. S OF 12N
BETWEEN 110W AND 130W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN S 
SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.LOW NEAR 12N124W 1011 MB WITH TROUGH NE TO 15N122W. WITHIN 240 
NM W OF LOW AND TROUGH NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NEAR 13N130W 1011 MB WITH TROUGH NE TO 
15N128W. WITHIN 240 NM W OF LOW AND TROUGH NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS
TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW NEAR 14N133W 1011 MB WITH TROUGH NE TO 
17N130W. WITHIN 180 NM NW OF LOW AND TROUGH NE WINDS TO 20 KT.
SEAS TO 8 FT.

.FROM 12N TO 18N W OF 129W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 13N TO 18N W OF 134W NE WINDS TO 20 KT.
SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST ELSEWHERE FROM 12N TO 20N W OF 121W WINDS LESS
THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN NE SWELL.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC WITHIN 60 NM FROM COAST N WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST...EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...WITHIN 60 NM 
EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 16N94.5W TO 13N96W INCLUDING THE GULF 
OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST...EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...WITHIN 75 NM 
EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 16N94.5W TO 13N96W TO 12N97W INCLUDING 
THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 
FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST ELSEWHERE N OF 13N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W...
INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 30 KT.
SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 13N96W
TO 12N98W TO 09N101W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0315 UTC WED OCT 13...
.LOW NEAR 12N125W 1011 MB WITH TROUGH NE TO 14N120W. SCATTERED 
STRONG WITHIN 120 NM NE QUADRANT.

.SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 12N125W 
TO 12N129W.

.SCATTERED STRONG S OF THE ITCZ FROM 05N TO 06N E OF 79W.

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS ALONG 08N80W TO 06N90W TO
06N100W TO A 1011 MB LOW NEAR 08N110W TO ANOTHER 1011 MB LOW NEAR
12N125W AND TO 08N131W TO 09140W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 120 
NM N OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 131W AND 134W.

$$
.FORECASTER AGUIRRE. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.