Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 23:45:09 -0500

301 
FZPN40 PHFO 130445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC WED OCT 13 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC OCT 13 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 14 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 15 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.TROUGH 06N169E TO 15N175E MOVING W 10 KT. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 360 NM W AND 420 NM E OF THE TROUGH.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 14N171E 1009 MB. WITHIN 360 NM N QUADRANT 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 16N167E 1010 MB. WITHIN 360 NM N QUADRANT 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.

.TROUGH 11N154W TO 14N152W TO 15N149W MOVING W 15 KT. SCATTERED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 240 NM OF THE TROUGH.

.TROUGH 21N160E TO 26N165E TO 30N169E MOVING W 10 KT. ISOLATED 
SHOWERS AND TSTMS WITHIN 360 NM E OF THE TROUGH. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW NEAR 28N168W 1018 MB.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.FROM 08N TO 19N E OF 174W...AND FROM 19N TO 26N E OF 154W SEAS 8 TO 
11 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 11N TO 18N BETWEEN 162W AND 147W SEAS TO 9 
FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 27N BETWEEN 173W AND 167W SEAS TO 9 FT.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.SCATTERED TSTMS FROM 10N TO 15N BETWEEN 161E AND 167E. AREA OF 
TSTMS MOVING SW 10 KT. 

.ITCZ 13N179W TO 07N163W TO 10N149W TO 08N140W. SCATTERED TSTMS 
WITHIN 480 NM S OF THE ITCZ W OF 170W...AND WITHIN 240 NM N OF THE 
ITCZ BETWEEN 152W AND 143W. ISOLATED TSTMS ELSEWHERE WITHIN 180 NM 
OF THE ITCZ. 

$$

.FORECASTER DEJESUS. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.