Subject: Pacific-NW: Tropical Storm 15w Advisory Number 2

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 04:41:01 -0500

WTPQ31 PGUM 130940
TCPPQ1

BULLETIN
TROPICAL STORM 15W ADVISORY NUMBER 2
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU WP152010
800 PM CHST WED OCT 13 2010

...TROPICAL DEPRESSION 15W IS NOW A TROPICAL STORM...

NO TROPICAL CYCLONE WATCHES OR WARNINGS ARE IN EFFECT.

AT 700 PM CHST...0900Z...THE CENTER OF TROPICAL STORM 15W WAS 
LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE 11.9 DEGREES NORTH AND LONGITUDE 140.7 DEGREES 
EAST. THIS IS ABOUT
                    240 MILES NORTHEAST OF YAP
                    150 MILES NORTH OF FAIS ATOLL
                    535 MILES NORTHEAST OF KOROR...AND
                    295 MILES WEST-SOUTHWEST OF GUAM.

TROPICAL STORM 15W IS MOVING WESTWARD AT 5 MPH. 15W IS EXPECTED TO 
GRADUALLY TURN NORTHWESTWARD WITH A SLIGHT INCREASE IN FORWARD SPEED 
FOR THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE 40 MPH. TROPICAL STORM 15W WILL CONTINUE 
TO STRENGTHEN DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS. TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS 
EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO 25 MILES FROM THE CENTER.

REPEATING THE 700 PM CHST POSITION...LATITUDE 11.9 DEGREES NORTH AND 
LONGITUDE 140.7 DEGREES EAST...MOVING WESTWARD AT 5 MPH WITH MAXIMUM 
SUSTAINED WINDS OF 40 MPH.

THE NEXT ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED BY THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE AT 
2 AM CHST THURSDAY MORNING. 

$$

CHAN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.