Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 05:00:52 -0500

235 
FZPN01 KWBC 131000
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC WED OCT 13 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC OCT 13 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 14 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 15. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 43N141W 1005 MB MOVING NE 30 KT WHILE RAPIDLY INTENSIFYING. 
FROM 33N TO 48N BETWEEN 133W AND 150W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 
TO 19 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N135W 978 MB. WITHIN 180 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE...AND 120 NM NE AND NW QUADRANTS WINDS 45 TO 60 KT. 
SEAS 13 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 600 NM SW...180 NM N...300 NM 
NW AND SE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND 61N130W 1003 MB. FROM 45N TO 60N 
BETWEEN 125W AND 140W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 60N144W 993 MB MOVING N 20 KT. WITHIN 420 NM S SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 25 FT...EXCEPT TO 12 FT IN SW 
QUADRANT. WITHIN 660 NM SE AND 1020 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND WITH ASSOCIATED 
CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 54N175E 994 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. FROM 42N TO 57N BETWEEN 
174W AND 169E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N170W 1000 MB. FROM 43N TO 58N BETWEEN 
160W AND 177W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N151W 1008 MB. WITHIN 540 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW W OF AREA 38N160E MOVING NE 20 KT. FROM 30N TO 40N W OF 
170E WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N167E 1008 MB. FROM 40N TO 47N W BETWEEN 
177E AND 163E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N180W 1005 MB. WITHIN 780 NM SE AND S 
QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 

.FROM 30N TO 40N BETWEEN 158W AND 180W E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
TO 11 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 145W AND 175W E WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 145W AND 170W E WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 

.WITHIN 240 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 65N168W TO 57N178E SW WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 63N171W 1000 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 36N TO 42N BETWEEN 124W AND 132W N WINDS 
TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 43N TO 54N 
BETWEEN 178W AND 167E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 40N TO 47N BETWEEN 177W AND 
167E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 40N TO 52N BETWEEN 168W AND 
172E. 

.HIGH 45N129W 1023 MB MOVING E 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 33N140W 1024 MB MOVING SW 05 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.HIGH 42N169W 1034 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N164W 1032 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N161W 1031 MB. 

.FORECASTER HOLLEY. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC WED OCT 13.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC THU OCT 14.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FRI OCT 15.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.09 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 
13N96W INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 16N94.5W 
TO 13N96W TO 11N98W INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 16N94.5W 
TO 12N97W INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 
TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WITHIN 30 NM LINE 16N94.5W TO 14N96W INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.09 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 60 NM 
EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 16N94.5W TO 12N97W INCLUDING THE GULF 
OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 75 NM 
EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 16N94.5W TO 13N96W TO 09N101W INCLUDING 
THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST ELSEWHERE EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 
90 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 16N94.5W TO 13N96W TO 08N102W 
INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.

.LOW PRES 13N126.5W 1011 MB WITH TROUGH NE TO 17N122W. W OF LOW 
AND TROUGH TO 140W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. S OF 13N 
BETWEEN 130W AND 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT 
PRIMARILY IN S SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 13N129W 1009 MB WITH TROUGH NE 
TO 20N125W. WITHIN 180 NM N SEMICIRCLE OF LOW AND WITHIN 180 NM 
OF TROUGH NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. S OF 13N BETWEEN 
130W AND 115W AND S OF 05N BETWEEN 115W AND 95W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT PRIMARILY IN S SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 14N133W 1009 MB WITH TROUGH NE 
TO 21N127W. WITHIN 120 NM N SEMICIRCLE OF LOW AND WITHIN 90 NM 
OF TROUGH NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. S OF 05N BETWEEN 
110W AND 95W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT PRIMARILY IN S 
SWELL.

.N OF 23N W OF 118W N TO NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT IN NE 
SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 20N W OF 120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
TO 8 FT IN N SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.S OF 07N BETWEEN 85W AND 78W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 
FT PRIMARILY IN SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST S OF 08N BETWEEN 84W AND 77W SW WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 9 FT PRIMARILY IN SW SWELL.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC WED OCT 13...

SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG CONVECTION IS FLARING TO THE N OF 
05N E OF 81W ASSOCIATED WITH A TROPICAL WAVE. 

.LOW PRES 13N126.5W...SCATTERED STRONG WITHIN 240 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE AND SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 240 NM 
NE SEMICIRCLE.

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 09N83W TO 07N90W TO LOW 
PRES 13N126.5W WITH AXIS W TO 10N140W. ELSEWHERE SCATTERED 
MODERATE WITHIN 150 NM OF 11N133W AND 14N137W.

$$
.FORECASTER NELSON. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.