Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 05:45:09 -0500

128 
FZPN40 PHFO 131045
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC WED OCT 13 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC OCT 13 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 14 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 15 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.TROUGH FROM 08N169E TO 14N174E TO 16N174E MOVING W 10 KT. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS BOUNDED BY 18N172E TO 17N177E TO 06N166E TO 07N161E 
TO 18N172E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 13N171E 1008 MB. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT AND 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT WITHIN 300 NM N QUADRANT OF LOW.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 15N167E 1009 MB. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT AND SEAS 8 
TO 10 FT WITHIN 300 NM N QUADRANT OF LOW.

.TROUGH FROM 11N155W TO 14N154W TO 15N151W MOVING W 15 KT. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 210 NM E...AND WITHIN 150 NM W...OF TROUGH.

.TROUGH FROM 22N160E TO 28N164E MOVING W 10 KT. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 480 NM E AND SE OF TROUGH. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N156W TO 29N160W TO 30N174W. NE TO E 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF FRONT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N159W TO 28N166W TO 28N171W TO 
30N180W. E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF FRONT BETWEEN 
160W AND 173W.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 11 FT BOUNDED BY 25N148W TO 16N174W TO 07N162W TO 10N142W 
TO 16N142W TO 25N148W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN AREA FROM 13N TO 17N BETWEEN 
151W AND 163W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 10 FT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 28N 
BETWEEN 157W AND 175W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 10N146W TO 07N163W TO 08N175W TO 07N176E. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA FROM 07N TO 10N OVER FORECAST WATERS 
E OF 171W...AND FROM 06N TO 14N BETWEEN 171W AND 176E.

$$

.FORECASTER KINEL. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.