Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 10:48:38 -0500

257 
ATPQ40 PGUM 131548
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 AM CHST THU OCT 14 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A MONSOON TROUGH EXTENDS EASTWARD FROM THE CENTRAL PHILIPPINES 
THROUGH A WEAK CIRCULATION CENTERED NORTHWEST OF KOROR AT 13N130E TO 
TROPICAL STORM MEGI (15W) CENTERED NORTHEAST OF YAP AT 12N140E. MEGI 
HAS MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS OF 50 MPH AND IS MOVING WESTWARD AT 5 
MPH. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE OCCURRING NEAR 
MEGI SOUTHWEST OF GUAM WITHIN 150 MILES OF 12N142E. SCATTERED 
SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS ARE SEEN FARTHER SOUTH AND WEST... 
OVER YAP WATERS WITHIN 40 MILES OF A LINE FROM 11N143E TO 9N141E TO 
10N139E TO 13N136E TO 14N134E. FOR MORE INFORMATION ON TROPICAL 
STORM MEGI...SEE ADVISORIES ISSUED BY THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE 
UNDER WMO HEADERS WTPQ31 PGUM AND JTWC BULLETINS UNDER WMO HEADERS 
WTPN31 PGTW.

CONVERGING SOUTHWEST WINDS SOUTH OF THE AFOREMENTIONED MONSOON 
TROUGH ARE CAUSING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS WEST OF 
KOROR...OR WEST OF A LINE FROM 7N131E TO 9N131E. SCATTERED SHOWERS 
ARE FOUND JUST SOUTHWEST OF YAP WITHIN 45 MILES OF A LINE FROM 
9N137E TO 6N140E.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS PRODUCING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS SOUTHWEST OF CHUUK WITHIN 90 MILES OF A LINE FROM 
6N143E TO 3N147E TO 4N150E...AND ALSO EAST OF THE MARSHALL ISLANDS 
OR EAST OF A LINE FROM 7N173E TO 10N177E TO 14N175E.

A SURFACE TROUGH RUNS NORTHEASTWARD FROM 3N166E TO 16N174E. 
SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS ARE PRESENT NEAR THE 
TROUGH OVER KOSRAE...KWAJALEIN AND UTIRIK ATOLLS WITHIN 80 MILES OF 
A LINE FROM 6N161E TO 12N171E TO 16N171E...AND ALSO SOUTH OF WAKE 
ISLAND WITHIN 40 MILES OF A LINE FROM 14N167E TO 18N169E.

AN UPPER-LEVEL LOW IS CENTERED NORTH-NORTHWEST OF WAKE ISLAND AT 
25N166E. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE EVIDENT 
NEAR THIS FEATURE NORTH OF A LINE FROM 21N164E TO 23N171E.

$$

CHAN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.