Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 10:54:36 -0500

236 
FZPN01 KWBC 131554
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC WED OCT 13 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC OCT 13 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 14 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 15. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 46N137W 1000 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. FROM 40N TO 50N BETWEEN 
131W AND 140W...AND FROM 34N TO 45N BETWEEN 140W AND 147W WINDS 
25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N135W 983 MB. WITHIN 180 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE AND 180 NM E AND SE QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 
12 TO 21 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N134W 986 MB. OVER WATERS WITHIN 240 NM 
S QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE 420 NM 
SE...540 NM SW...AND 240 NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 16 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL INLAND. NE OF A LINE FROM 54N135W TO 
57N138W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 55N180W 994 MB MOVING NE 20 KT WILL TURN SE AFTER 12 HOURS. 
FROM 43N TO 58N BETWEEN 170W AND 180W...AND WITHIN 420 NM SW AND 
W QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N166W 1004 MB. FROM 43N TO 53N BETWEEN 
157W AND 173W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N149W 1010 MB. WITHIN 420 NM SE AND 540 
NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 59N144W 1002 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. OVER WATERS WITHIN 300 
NM SE AND 420 NM W QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.WITHIN 360 NM SW OF A LINE FROM 47N149W TO 55N158W WINDS TO 25 
KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 42N TO 48N BETWEEN 135W AND 143W WINDS TO 
25 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.FROM 32N TO 36N BETWEEN 150W AND 174W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 
11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 34N BETWEEN 150W AND 169W WINDS TO 
25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 34N BETWEEN 157W AND 170W WINDS TO 
25 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.

.LOW 40N161E 1008 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. WITHIN 300 NM SE QUADRANT 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N170E 1008 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SE QUADRANT 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N175W 998 MB. FROM 40N TO 56N BETWEEN 
169W AND 178E...AND OVER FORECAST WATERS NW OF A LINE FROM 
55N18E TO 52N171E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 36N TO 43N BETWEEN 123W AND 127W N WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.

.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 63N171W 1001 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 180 NM OF LOW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 43N TO 55N 
BETWEEN 177W AND 170E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 39N TO 40N BETWEEN 175W AND 
168E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 40N TO 54N BETWEEN 166W AND 
178E. 

.HIGH 31N140W 1021 MB DRIFTING SE.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.HIGH 42N168W 1033 MB MOVING SE 15 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 39N161W 1032 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N162W 1030 MB.

.HIGH 46N170E 1017 MB MOVING E 15 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 40N138W 1028 MB.

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 44N167E 1020 MB.

.FORECASTER COLLINS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC WED OCT 13.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC THU OCT 14.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FRI OCT 15.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.06 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N95W TO 
13N96W INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 16N95W 
TO 15N95W TO 13N97W INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE 
WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 16N95W 
TO 15N95W TO 13N97W INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WITHIN 30 NM LINE 16N95W TO 14N96W INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 75 NM 
EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 13N96W INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 75 NM 
EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 10N101W INCLUDING 
THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 90 NM 
EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 09N102W INCLUDING 
THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
11 FT.

.LOW PRES 13N127W 1011 MB WITH TROUGH NE TO 17N125W MOVING WNW 
10 KT. W OF LOW AND TROUGH TO 135W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 
S OF 13N BETWEEN 105W AND 130W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 
FT PRIMARILY IN S SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 14N131W 1010 MB WITH TROUGH NE 
TO 20N128W. WITHIN 180 NM W OF LOW AND TROUGH NE WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 9 FT. S OF 06N BETWEEN 96W AND 112W AND S OF 12N BETWEEN 
112W AND 125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT PRIMARILY IN S 
SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 14N135W 1011 MB WITH TROUGH NE 
TO 20N131W. WITHIN 150 NM EITHER SIDE OF TROUGH NE TO E WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. FROM 12N TO 17N BETWEEN 115W AND 134W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT PRIMARILY IN S SWELL.

.N OF 23N W OF 118W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN N 
SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 20N TO 24N W OF 125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN N SWELL.
.30 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.S OF 06N BETWEEN 81W AND 85W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 
FT PRIMARILY IN SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST S OF 07N BETWEEN 79W AND 85W SW WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 9 FT PRIMARILY IN SW SWELL.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1500 UTC WED OCT 13...

.SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG IS N OF 05N BETWEEN 78W AND 
82W.

.LOW PRES 13N127W...NUMEROUS MODERATE SCATTERED STRONG WITHIN 
240 NM SE QUADRANT OF LOW CENTER AND FROM 11N TO 16N BETWEEN 
127W AND 134W.

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 07N83W TO 1011 MB LOW 
PRES NEAR 08N113W TO 1011 MB LOW PRES NEAR 13N127W TO 10N134W TO 
09N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 08N TO 12N BETWEEN 85W AND 89W.

$$
.FORECASTER HUFFMAN. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.