Subject: Pacific-NW: Tropical Storm Megi (15w) Advisory Number 3

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 11:01:57 -0500

WTPQ31 PGUM 131601
TCPPQ1

BULLETIN
TROPICAL STORM MEGI (15W) ADVISORY NUMBER 3
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU WP152010
200 AM CHST THU OCT 14 2010

...TROPICAL STORM 15W IS NAMED MEGI...

NO TROPICAL CYCLONE WATCHES OR WARNINGS ARE IN EFFECT.

AT 100 AM CHST...1500Z...THE CENTER OF TROPICAL STORM MEGI (15W) WAS 
LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE 12.0 DEGREES NORTH AND LONGITUDE 140.4 DEGREES 
EAST. THIS IS ABOUT
                    235 MILES NORTHEAST OF YAP
                    155 MILES NORTH OF FAIS
                    155 MILES NORTH-NORTHEAST OF ULITHI
                    520 MILES NORTHEAST OF KOROR...AND
                    310 MILES WEST-SOUTHWEST OF GUAM.

TROPICAL STORM MEGI IS MOVING WESTWARD AT 5 MPH. MEGI IS EXPECTED TO 
GRADUALLY TURN NORTHWESTWARD WITH A SLIGHT INCREASE IN FORWARD SPEED 
DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS HAVE INCREASED TO 50 MPH. TROPICAL STORM 
MEGI WILL CONTINUE TO STRENGTHEN AND COULD BECOME A TYPHOON WITHIN 
THE NEXT 24 HOURS. TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO 
30 MILES FROM THE CENTER.

REPEATING THE 100 AM CHST POSITION...LATITUDE 12.0 DEGREES NORTH AND 
LONGITUDE 140.4 DEGREES EAST...MOVING WESTWARD AT 5 MPH WITH MAXIMUM 
SUSTAINED WINDS OF 50 MPH.

THE NEXT ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED BY THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE AT 
8 AM CHST LATER THIS MORNING. 

$$

CHAN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.