Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 11:45:30 -0500

764 
FZPN40 PHFO 131645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC WED OCT 13 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC OCT 13 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 14 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 15 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.TROUGH FROM 08N167E TO 13N172E TO 17N173E MOVING W 10 KT. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS BOUNDED BY 20N169E TO 20N175E TO 12N173E TO 
05N162E TO 08N160E TO 20N169E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 15N169E 1009 MB. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT AND 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT WITHIN 300 NM N QUADRANT OF LOW.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 17N166E 1010 MB. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT AND SEAS 8 
TO 11 FT WITHIN 300 NM NE QUADRANT OF LOW.

.TROUGH FROM 11N157W TO 14N155W TO 16N152W MOVING W 15 KT. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF TROUGH.

.TROUGH FROM 23N160E TO 29N163E MOVING W 10 KT. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 480 NM E AND SE OF TROUGH N OF 20N.

.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N160W TO 29N170W TO 30N176W. NE TO E 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF FRONT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N157W TO 28N171W TO 30N178E. E WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF FRONT BETWEEN 167W AND 174W.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 10 FT BOUNDED BY 24N150W TO 14N172W TO 09N164W TO 10N144W 
TO 15N144W TO 24N150W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN AREA FROM 13N TO 17N BETWEEN 
152W AND 163W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 11 FT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 28N 
BETWEEN 157W AND 175W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.ITCZ FROM 10N140W TO 08N155W TO 07N165W TO 08N178W TO 07N175E.
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA FROM 07N TO 11N OVER FORECAST WATERS 
E OF 179W...AND FROM 06N TO 14N BETWEEN 175E AND 179W.

$$

.FORECASTER KINEL. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.