Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 16:54:59 -0500

166 
FZPN01 KWBC 132154
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC WED OCT 13 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC OCT 13 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 14 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 15. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 50N136W 996 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. OVER WATERS WITHIN 300 NM 
NE AND 180 NM NW QUADRANTS...AND FROM 39N TO 50N BETWEEN 130W 
AND 140W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N135W 980 MB. WITHIN 180 NM OF LOW 
EXCEPT 120 NM N QUADRANT WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 13 TO 22 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND 59N133W 996 MB. N OF 52N E OF 135W 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND AND CONDITIONS 
DIMINISHED.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 56N178W 996 MB MOVING SE 30 KT. FROM 44N TO 57N BETWEEN 
168W AND 177E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N157W 1003 MB. FROM 42N TO 52N BETWEEN 
152W AND 168W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N146W 1010 MB. WITHIN 300 NM E QUADRANT 
AND FROM 40N TO 47N BETWEEN 141W AND 153W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.WITHIN 420 NM SW OF A LINE FROM 46N143W TO 52N155W NW WINDS TO 
25 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.LOW 58N145W 1004 MB DRIFTING SE. OVER WATERS WITHIN 180 NM N 
AND NE QUADRANTS AND WITHIN 120 NM NW OF A LINE FROM 55N156W TO 
57N150W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND ASSOCIATED CONDITIONS 
DIMINISHED.

.FROM 31N TO 36N BETWEEN 144W AND 172W E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 140W AND 171W E TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 34N BETWEEN 140W AND 168W E TO NE 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.

.LOW 43N164E 1008 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. WITHIN 300 NM NE AND 360 
NM SE QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N174E 1005 MB. WITHIN 420 NM SE AND S 
QUADRANTS WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N172W 990 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 
40N TO 59N BETWEEN 163W AND 180W...AND N OF 51N BETWEEN 180W AND 
170E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.

.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 63N173W 1000 MB. WITHIN 240 NM 
SE QUADRANT WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 64N172W 999 MB. WITHIN 180 NM E 
QUADRANT WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 59N139W 1000 MB. EXCEPT WHERE 
DESCRIBED WITH LOW 59N133W IN WARNINGS SECTION WITHIN 360 NM S 
AND 300 NM W QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N146W 1008 MB. WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 36N TO 43N BETWEEN 123W AND 127W N WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 35N TO 43N BETWEEN 164E AND 160E WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 44N TO 54N W 
OF 175W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 40N TO 52N BETWEEN 173W AND 
170E...AND N OF 59N BETWEEN 168W AND 173W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 40N TO 55N BETWEEN 163W AND 
179W. 

.HIGH 31N141W 1021 MB DRIFTING S.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.HIGH 41N164W 1034 MB MOVING SE 05 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N162W 1033 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N160W 1030 MB.

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 44N132W 1028 MB.

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 45N168E 1021 MB.

.FORECASTER COLLINS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC WED OCT 13.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC THU OCT 14.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FRI OCT 15.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N95W TO 13N96W INCLUDING THE 
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 16N95W 
TO 15N95W TO 13N97W INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE 
WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 16N95W 
TO 15N95W TO 13N97W INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 75 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 
FROM 16N95W TO 13N96W INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO 
NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 90 NM 
EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 10N101W INCLUDING 
THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 120 NM 
EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 09N102W INCLUDING 
THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
11 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 06N TO 10N BETWEEN 91W AND 105W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT IN MIXED NE AND SW SWELL.

.LOW PRES 13N129W 1011 MB WITH TROUGH NE TO 18N126W MOVING WNW 
10 KT. WITHIN 150 NM NW SEMICIRCLE OF LOW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 
FT. S OF 10N BETWEEN 108W AND 127W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 
FT IN S SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 15N132W 1011 MB WITH TROUGH NE 
TO 19N129W. WITHIN 180 NM N SEMICIRCLE OF LOW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 16N134W 1012 MB WITH TROUGH NE 
TO 20N131W. WITHIN 90 NM N SEMICIRCLE OF LOW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
TO 8 FT.

.N OF 22N W OF 122W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN N SWELL.
.18 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.S OF 06N BETWEEN 80W AND 85W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 
FT IN SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST S OF 07N E OF 84W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 
FT IN SW SWELL.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC WED OCT 13...

.LOW PRES 13N129W...SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 
240 NM SE QUADRANT OF LOW.

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 08N83W TO 06N104W TO 
10N125W TO 1011 MB LOW PRES NEAR 13N129W TO 10N133W TO 09N140W. 
SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 07N TO 10N BETWEEN 86W AND 94W.

$$
.FORECASTER MUNDELL. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.