Subject: Pacific-NW: Tropical Storm Megi (15w) Advisory Number 4

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 17:00:19 -0500

WTPQ31 PGUM 132200
TCPPQ1

BULLETIN
TROPICAL STORM MEGI (15W) ADVISORY NUMBER 4
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU WP152010
800 AM CHST THU OCT 14 2010

...TROPICAL STORM MEGI (15W) IS MOVING AND INTENSIFYING SLOWLY...

NO TROPICAL CYCLONE WATCHES OR WARNINGS ARE IN EFFECT.

AT 700 AM CHST...2100Z...THE CENTER OF TROPICAL STORM MEGI (15W) WAS 
LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE 11.7 DEGREES NORTH AND LONGITUDE 140.5 DEGREES 
EAST. THIS IS ABOUT
                    225 MILES NORTHEAST OF YAP
                    135 MILES NORTH OF FAIS
                    140 MILES NORTH-NORTHEAST OF ULITHI
                    515 MILES NORTHEAST OF KOROR...AND
                    310 MILES WEST-SOUTHWEST OF GUAM.

TROPICAL STORM MEGI IS MOVING WEST SOUTHWESTWARD AT 2 MPH. MEGI IS 
EXPECTED TO GRADUALLY TURN NORTHWESTWARD WITH AN INCREASE IN FORWARD 
SPEED DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS HAVE INCREASED TO 60 MPH. TROPICAL STORM 
MEGI WILL CONTINUE TO STRENGTHEN AND COULD BECOME A TYPHOON WITHIN 
THE NEXT 12 HOURS. TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO 
60 MILES FROM THE CENTER.

REPEATING THE 700 AM CHST POSITION...LATITUDE 11.7 DEGREES NORTH AND 
LONGITUDE 140.5 DEGREES EAST...MOVING WEST-SOUTHWESTWARD AT 2 MPH 
WITH MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS OF 60 MPH.

THE NEXT ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED BY THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE AT 
2 PM CHST THIS AFTERNOON. 

$$

DEVITA/STANKO

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.