Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 22:25:02 -0500

428 
ATPQ40 PGUM 140324
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 PM CHST THU OCT 14 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A MONSOON TROUGH EXTENDS EASTWARD FROM THE CENTRAL PHILIPPINES 
THROUGH A WEAK CIRCULATION CENTERED NORTHWEST OF KOROR AT 13N129E TO 
TROPICAL STORM MEGI (15W) CENTERED NORTHEAST OF YAP AT 12N139E. MEGI 
HAS MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS OF 65 MPH AND IS MOVING WEST-NORTHWEST 
AT 8 MPH. SCATTERED TO NUMEROUS SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS 
ARE OCCURRING NEAR MEGI SOUTHWEST AND WEST OF GUAM BETWEEN 7N AND 
15N FROM 138E TO 145E. FOR MORE INFORMATION ON TROPICAL STORM 
MEGI...SEE ADVISORIES ISSUED BY THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE UNDER 
WMO HEADER WTPQ31 PGUM AND JTWC BULLETINS UNDER WMO HEADER WTPN31 
PGTW.

CONVERGENT SOUTHWEST WINDS SOUTH OF THE MONSOON TROUGH ARE PRODUCING 
SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS OVER KOROR BETWEEN 7N AND 
11N FROM 130E TO 135E.

A NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH RUNS FROM EQ148E TO 3N133E. SCATTERED 
SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS ARE FOUND WELL SOUTH OF GUAM NORTH 
OF THE TROUGH BETWEEN 1N AND 4N FROM 142E TO 148E.

A SURFACE TROUGH WEST OF KOSRAE AND KWAJALEIN RUNS NORTHEASTWARD 
FROM 6N161E TO 16N172E. AN UPPER TROUGH RUNS NORTHWARD FROM 8N164E 
TO AN UPPER LOW CENTERED AT 25N164E. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS ASSOCIATED WITH THESE SYSTEMS ARE FOUND WITHIN 100 
MILES OF A LINE EAST OF POHNPEI AND NORTH OF KOSRAE RUNNING FROM 
6N162E TO 11N165E...AND FROM JUST NORTH OF MAJURO EXTENDING TO EAST 
OF WAKE ISLAND BETWEEN 7N AND 25N FROM 167E TO 172E.   

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS PRODUCING SCATTERED SHOWERS NORTHEAST OF 
MAJURO BETWEEN 7N AND 15N FROM 172E TO EAST OF THE DATELINE. 

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.