Subject: Pacific-NW: Tropical Storm Megi (15w) Advisory Number 5

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 22:25:20 -0500

WTPQ31 PGUM 140325
TCPPQ1

BULLETIN
TROPICAL STORM MEGI (15W) ADVISORY NUMBER 5
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU WP152010
200 PM CHST THU OCT 14 2010

...TROPICAL STORM MEGI MOVING AWAY FROM THE MARIANAS...

NO TROPICAL CYCLONE WATCHES OR WARNINGS ARE IN EFFECT.

AT 100 PM CHST...0300Z...THE CENTER OF TROPICAL STORM MEGI (15W) WAS 
LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE 12.2 DEGREES NORTH AND LONGITUDE 139.3 DEGREES 
EAST. THIS IS ABOUT
                    205 MILES NORTH-NORTHEAST OF YAP
                    185 MILES NORTH-NORTHWEST OF FAIS
                    160 MILES NORTH OF ULITHI
                    475 MILES NORTHEAST OF KOROR...AND
                    375 MILES WEST-SOUTHWEST OF GUAM.

TROPICAL STORM MEGI IS MOVING TOWARD THE WEST-NORTHWEST AT 8 MPH... 
AND THIS GENERAL MOTION IS EXPECTED TO CONTINUE TONIGHT AND FRIDAY.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS HAVE INCREASED TO 65 MPH. TROPICAL STORM 
MEGI IS EXPECTED TO INTENSIFY...AND MAY BECOME A TYPHOON TONIGHT. 
TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO 70 MILES FROM THE 
CENTER.

REPEATING THE 100 PM CHST POSITION...LATITUDE 12.2 DEGREES NORTH AND 
LONGITUDE 139.3 DEGREES EAST...MOVING WEST-NORTHWEST AT 8 MPH WITH 
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS OF 70 MPH.

THE NEXT SCHEDULED ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED BY THE NATIONAL WEATHER 
SERVICE AT 800 PM THIS EVENING. 

$$

MIDDLEBROOKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.