Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 23:08:14 -0500

395 
FZPN01 KWBC 140408
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC THU OCT 14 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC OCT 14 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 15 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 16. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 53N135W 984 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. WITHIN 120 NM OF LOW EXCEPT 
180 NM SE QUADRANT WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 360 NM SE...840 NM SW AND 180 NM NW QUADRANTS 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND 60N130W 999 MB. N OF 50N E OF 144W 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND AND CONDITIONS 
DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 55N173W 999 MB MOVING SE 30 KT. FROM 42N TO 57N BETWEEN 
163W AND 178E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N156W 1005 MB. FROM 40N TO 53N BETWEEN 
148W AND 165W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. WITHIN 300 NM SE OF A LINE 
FROM 57N138W TO 44N145W SW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 45N166E 1008 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. WITHIN 360 NM E AND SE 
QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N176E 1003 MB. WITHIN 540 NM SE AND S 
QUADRANTS WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N168W 983 MB. FROM 40N TO 60N BETWEEN 
155W AND 180W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 58N143W 1002 MB DRIFTING SE. WITHIN 180 NM NW AND 360 NM SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND ASSOCIATED CONDITIONS 
DIMINISHED. 

.FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 140W AND 175W E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 140W AND 170W E TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 34N BETWEEN 140W AND 170W E TO NE 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 63N172W 1002 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SE AND S 
QUADRANTS WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS NW OF AREA.

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 35N TO 45N BETWEEN 123W AND 128W N WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 35N TO 43N W OF 169E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 41N TO 54N 
BETWEEN 175W AND 162E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 40N TO 52N BETWEEN 170W AND 
170E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 42N TO 52N BETWEEN 160W AND 
172W. 

.HIGH 40N163W 1033 MB MOVING SE 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N161W 1032 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 41N135W 1028 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 44N171E 1022 MB. 

.FORECASTER HOLLEY. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC THU OCT 14.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FRI OCT 15.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SAT OCT 16.

.WARNINGS.

...STORM  WARNING...
.WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N96W INCLUDING 
THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 16N95W 
TO 15N95W TO 13N97W INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE 
WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 16N95W 
TO 15N95W TO 13N97W INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 75 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 
FROM 16N95W TO 13N96W INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO 
NE WINDS 20 TO 33 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 90 NM 
EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 10N101W INCLUDING 
THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 120 NM 
EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 09N102W INCLUDING 
THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
11 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 06N TO 10N BETWEEN 91W AND 105W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT IN MIXED NE AND SW SWELL.

.LOW PRES 13N130W 1011 MB WITH TROUGH NE TO 19N127W MOVING WNW 
10 KT. FROM 12N TO 16N BETWEEN 124W AND 135W WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN S SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 15N132W 1011 MB WITH TROUGH NE 
TO 19N129W. FROM 14N TO 19N BETWEEN 124W AND 135W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN S SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 16N134W 1012 MB WITH TROUGH NE 
TO 20N131W. WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.24 HOUR FORECAST S OF 07N BETWEEN 79W AND 85W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST S OF 07N E OF 84W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 
FT IN SW SWELL.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0300 UTC THU OCT 14...

.TROPICAL WAVE ALONG 90W N OF 06N MOVING W AT 15 KT. SCATTERED 
MODERATE WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE FROM 07N88W TO 11N93W.

.LOW PRES 13N130W...SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE FROM 
08N126W TO 11N128W.

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 09N83W TO 06N98W TO 08N 
110W TO 15N128W TO 1011 MB LOW PRES NEAR 13N130W TO 11N140W. 
SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 45 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 
121W AND 128W.

$$
.FORECASTER MUNDELL. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.