Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 00:07:53 -0500

472 
FZPN40 PHFO 140507 CCA
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST...CORRECTED
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC THU OCT 14 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC OCT 14 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 15 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 16 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 14N168E 1009 MB MOVING NW 10 KT. WITHIN 360 NM NW QUADRANT 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 FT. SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 300 NM 
NE QUADRANT. ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 480 NM SE AND 300 NM SW 
QUADRANTS. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 15N167E 1008 MB. WITHIN 360 NM NW QUADRANT 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 18N163E 1008 MB. WITHIN 360 NM NW QUADRANT 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT. 

.TROUGH 24N160E TO 28N164E NEARLY STATIONARY. ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 
420 NM SE OF THE TROUGH.

.TROUGH 09N158W TO 13N156W TO 15N154W MOVING W 10 KT. SCATTERED 
TSTMS WITHIN 240 NM OF THE TROUGH. 

.TROUGH 10N175E TO 14N176E MOVING W 10 KT. SCATTERED TSTMS WITHIN 
240 NM OF THE TROUGH.

.TROUGH 24N162E TO 23N160E MOVING W SLOWLY. ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 
240 NM SE OF THE TROUGH. 

.STATIONARY FRONT 30N152W TO 29N160E TO 30N170W. SCATTERED SHOWERS 
AND TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF THE FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST STATIONARY FRONT 28N170W TO 28N155W TO 29N144W. N 
OF THE FRONT WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.RIDGE 30N162W TO 28N160E NEARLY STATIONARY. 

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.FROM 10S TO 18S BETWEEN 163W AND 147W SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF AREA.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF AREA. 

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.ISOLATED TSTMS FROM 18N TO 30N BETWEEN 162E AND 172E. 

.ITCZ 06N160E TO 08N165E...10N179W TO 10N177W TO 08N167W TO 
09N160W...10N152W TO 09N140W. SCATTERED TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM OF THE 
ITCZ W OF 165E...WITHIN 240 NM BETWEEN 179W AND 160W...AND WITHIN 
180 NM S AND 420 NM N OF THE ITCZ E OF 152W. 

$$

.FORECASTER DEJESUS. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.