Subject: Western Pacific: Synoptic Discussion For The Marianas

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 00:21:02 -0500

703 
FXPQ60 PGUM 140520
AFDPQ 

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
320 PM CHST THU OCT 14 2010

.SYNOPSIS...
TS MEGI IS CENTERED ABOUT 400 MILES WSW OF GUAM AND MOVING OFF TO
THE WNW...BUT ITS UPPER-LEVEL CLOUD SHIELD HAS EXPANDED BACK EAST
OVER THE MARIANAS. RADAR SHOWS THE OUTERMOST RAINBAND OF MEGI ABOUT
140 MILES WEST OF GUAM...BUT ONLY ISOLATED SHOWERS ARE FOUND ACROSS
THE MARIANAS WATERS.

&&

.DISCUSSION...
WITH TS MEGI MOVING OFF TO THE WEST...WEATHER ACROSS THE MARIANAS
WILL SETTLE BACK DOWN TO TRADE WINDS AND ISOLATED SHOWERS FOR THE
FORESEEABLE FUTURE. THE UPPER-LEVEL CLOUDINESS FROM MEGI SHOULD
THIN OUT BY FRI MORNING...LEAVING PARTLY CLOUDY SKIES FOR MOST OF
FRIDAY AND THE WEEKEND. 

&&

.MARINE...
AS MEGI INTENSIFIES OVER THE NEXT FEW DAYS...SHOULD SEE SOME KIND
OF WSW TO WEST SWELL BY LATE IN THE WEEKEND. WE SHOULD GET A
BETTER HANDLE FRI AND SATURDAY AS MEGI ESTABLISHES A WIND FETCH
HISTORY THAT WE CAN USE TO CALCULATE SWELL. FOR NOW...HAVE BROUGHT
IN A WEST SWELL OF 2 FEET MON RISING TO 3 FEET MON NIGHT AND TUE.
DEPENDING ON HOW STRONG/BIG MEGI GETS AND ON HOW FAST IT MOVES...
THERE IS SOME POTENTIAL FOR HIGH SURF THE LAST HALF OF NEXT WEEK.

&&

.EASTERN MICRONESIA...
TO BE ADDED AFTER 5 PM.

&&

.WESTERN MICRONESIA...
TO BE ADDED AFTER 5 PM.

&&

.GUM WATCHES/WARNINGS/ADVISORIES...
GU...NONE.
MARIANAS WATERS...NONE.
&&

$$

MIDDLEBROOKE/DEVITA

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.