Subject: Pacific-NW: Tropical Storm Megi (15w) Advisory Number 6

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 04:11:10 -0500

WTPQ31 PGUM 140910
TCPPQ1

BULLETIN
TROPICAL STORM MEGI (15W) ADVISORY NUMBER 6
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU WP152010
800 PM CHST THU OCT 14 2010

...TROPICAL STORM MEGI CONTINUES TO MOVE AWAY FROM THE MARIANAS...

NO TROPICAL CYCLONE WATCHES OR WARNINGS ARE IN EFFECT.

AT 700 PM CHST...0900Z...THE CENTER OF TROPICAL STORM MEGI (15W) WAS 
LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE 12.9 DEGREES NORTH AND LONGITUDE 138.9 DEGREES 
EAST. THIS IS ABOUT
                    240 MILES NORTH-NORTHEAST OF YAP
                    245 MILES NORTH-NORTHWEST OF FAIS
                    210 MILES NORTH-NORTHWEST OF ULITHI
                    495 MILES NORTHEAST OF KOROR...AND
                    395 MILES WEST OF GUAM.

TROPICAL STORM MEGI IS MOVING TOWARD THE NORTHWEST AT 9 MPH...AND 
THIS GENERAL MOTION IS EXPECTED TO CONTINUE TONIGHT AND FRIDAY.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS HAVE INCREASED TO 70 MPH. TROPICAL STORM 
MEGI IS EXPECTED TO INTENSIFY...AND MAY BECOME A TYPHOON OVERNIGHT. 
TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO 70 MILES FROM THE 
CENTER.

REPEATING THE 700 PM CHST POSITION...LATITUDE 12.9 DEGREES NORTH AND 
LONGITUDE 138.9 DEGREES EAST...MOVING NORTHWEST AT 9 MPH WITH 
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS OF 70 MPH.

THE NEXT SCHEDULED ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED BY THE NATIONAL WEATHER 
SERVICE AT 200 AM EARLY FRIDAY MORNING.

$$

SIMPSON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.