Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 05:15:14 -0500

424 
FZPN01 KWBC 141015
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC THU OCT 14 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC OCT 14 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 15 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 16. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 55N135W 977 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. WITHIN 180 NM SE AND S 
QUADRANTS WINDS 50 TO 65 KT. SEAS 14 TO 23 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
120 NM SW AND W...240 NM SE AND S QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. 
SEAS 11 TO 22 FT. ALSO WITHIN 300 NM SE...600 NM SW...480 NM W 
AND 180 NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND 60N130W 1004 MB. FROM 54N TO 58N 
BETWEEN 134W AND 140W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND AND CONDITIONS 
DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 54N168W 1001 MB MOVING SE 25 KT. FROM 43N TO 58N BETWEEN 
160W AND 180W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N152W 1009 MB. FROM 41N TO 52N BETWEEN 
144W AND 161W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED WITH CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH 
LOW 56N139W BELOW. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 46N168E 1007 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. FROM 40N TO 49N BETWEEN 
174E AND 167E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N179W 1000 MB. WITHIN 540 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N169W 973 MB. WITHIN 240 NM W SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 43N TO 61N 
BETWEEN 152W AND 178E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 140W AND 175W E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 140W AND 170W E WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 34N BETWEEN 140W AND 180W E WINDS 
TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 63N172W 1002 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SE AND S 
QUADRANTS WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED NW OF AREA WITH CONDITIONS 
DIMINISHED.

.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 37N TO 43N BETWEEN 124W AND 130W N WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 35N TO 45N BETWEEN 124W AND 128W N WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 59N149W 1005 MB. WITHIN 180 NM S 
QUADRANT WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N139W 1004 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SE OF A 
FRONT FROM LOW TO 43N144W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 35N TO 45N W OF 170E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 9 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 40N TO 55N 
BETWEEN 177W AND 166E...AND N OF 60N W OF 168W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 40N TO 55N BETWEEN 170W AND 
175E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 42N TO 50N BETWEEN 155W AND 
167W. 

.HIGH 39N160W 1033 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N156W 1028 MB.

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 40N142W 1030 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 42N135W 1028 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 33N174E 1022 MB. 

.FORECASTER HOLLEY. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC THU OCT 14.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FRI OCT 15.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SAT OCT 16.

.WARNINGS.

...STORM  WARNING...
.WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N96.5W INCLUDING 
THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 34 TO 50 KT. SEAS 9 TO 
14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 16N94.5W 
TO 12N97W INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 34 
TO 50 KT. SEAS 11 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 16N94.5W 
TO 12N97W INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 34 
TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT IN NE SWELL.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 90 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 
FROM 16N94.5W TO 11N98W INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO 
NE WINDS 20 TO 33 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 110 NM 
EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 16N94.5W TO 13N97W TO 09N102W INCLUDING 
THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 33 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
12 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 07N TO 13N BETWEEN 93W AND 103W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT IN MIXED NE AND SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 120 NM 
EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 16N94.5W TO 12N95W TO 08N103W INCLUDING 
THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 33 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
12 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 04N TO 13N BETWEEN 93W AND 106W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT IN MIXED NE AND SW SWELL.

.LOW PRES 13.5N131W 1012 MB WITH TROUGH NE TO 19N128W. FROM 13N 
TO 17N W OF LOW AND TROUGH NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN NE 
SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 15N132W 1011 MB WITH TROUGH NE 
TO 21N128W. FROM 14N TO 19N W OF 127W NE YO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
TO 9 FT IN MIXED NE AND S SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH 11N137W TO 22N132W. WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.S OF 07N BETWEEN 86W AND 79W AND S OF 07N BETWEEN 95W AND 127W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT PRIMARILY IN SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST S OF 07N BETWEEN 100W AND 78W SW WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 8 FT IN SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST S OF 08N E OF 93W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 10 
FT PRIMARILY IN SW SWELL.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC THU OCT 14...

.TROPICAL WAVE N OF 06N ALONG 91W...SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED 
STRONG WITHIN 60 NM OF 08N91W AND WITHIN 30 NM OF 11N89W.

.LOW PRES 13.5N131W...ISOLATED STRONG INTERMITTENT WITHIN 120 NM 
NW QUADRANT.

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 09N78W TO 07N109W TO 
11N130W TO 10N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 
120 NM LINE 07N117W TO 10N123W TO 09N128W TO 11N131W.

$$
.FORECASTER NELSON. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.