Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 05:40:23 -0500

871 
FZPN40 PHFO 141040
HSFNP 

 HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC THU OCT 14 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC OCT 14 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 15 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 16 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 14N167E 1009 MB. TROUGH FROM LOW TO 20N170E. LOW AND TROUGH 
MOVING NW SLOWLY. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 210 NM NE QUADRANT OF 
LOW. SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM E SEMICIRCLE 
OF LOW. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS ELSEWHERE WITHIN 180 NM OF LOW AND 
TROUGH. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING LOW 16N164E 1010 MB. TROUGH FROM LOW TO 
22N168E. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 150 NM NE QUADRANT OF LOW. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. TROUGH FROM 26N161E TO 17N163E. 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 150 NM E OF TROUGH.

.FRONT FROM 30N152W TO 29N162W TO 30N173W NEARLY STATIONARY. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF FRONT E OF 164W. E TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT BECOMING SHEAR LINE FROM 30N147W TO 28N151W 
TO 29N160W TO 30N171W. E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT OVER FORECAST 
WATERS N OF SHEAR LINE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 30N145W TO 26N150W...CONTINUING AS A 
SHEAR LINE TO 27N160W TO 29N168W. E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT OVER 
FORECAST WATERS N OF SHEAR LINE W OF 155W.

.TROUGH FROM 15N155W TO 09N162W MOVING W 10 KT. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 150 NM OF TROUGH.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING TROUGH FROM 15N162W TO 10N168W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WEAK TROUGH FROM 16N167W TO 11N172W.

.WEAK TROUGH FROM 17N176E TO 12N174E MOVING W 10 KT. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 240 NM OF TROUGH.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED. 

.RIDGE FROM 30N162W TO 28N160E NEARLY STATIONARY. 

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN AREA FROM 11N TO 18N BETWEEN 150W AND 164W. SEAS 
8 TO 9 FT IN AREA N OF 29N BETWEEN 151W AND 172W...AND IN AREA FROM 
15N TO 19N BETWEEN 173E AND 168E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN AREA N OF 27N BETWEEN 145W AND 
173W. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN AREA FROM 15N TO 19N BETWEEN 168E AND 165E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN AREA N OF 28N BETWEEN 146W AND 
179W. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN AREA FROM 19N TO 25N BETWEEN 167E AND 164E. 

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA N OF 21N BETWEEN 174E AND 166E. 

.ITCZ FROM 10N140W TO 11N151W...AND FROM 08N166W TO 10N173W TO 
11N180E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 150 NM OF ITCZ. 

$$
.FORECASTER HOUSTON. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.