Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 07:00:20 -0500

361 
ATHW40 PHFO 141200
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1200 UTC THU OCT 14 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1130 UTC OCTOBER 14 2010

LOW CLOUD CEILINGS THIS EARLY MORNING HAVE BEEN AFFECTING MUCH OF 
OAHU.  BROKEN LOW CLOUDINESS HAS ALSO BEEN EVIDENT OVER WINDWARD 
SECTIONS OF THE OTHER ISLES...AT LEAST FROM TIME TO TIME... 
ESPECIALLY THE BIG ISLAND.  SOME LEEWARD AREAS OF THE BIG ISLAND... 
SOUTH KONA MOST PARTICULARLY...ARE MOSTLY CLOUDY AS OF BULLETIN TIME 
AS WELL.  SKIES ARE CLEAR TO PARTLY CLOUDY ELSEWHERE.  AS WAS THE 
CASE LAST EVENING...LOW CLOUD MOTION IS FROM THE EAST BETWEEN 15 AND 
20 MPH.

SKIES ARE PREDOMINANTLY CLEAR TO SCATTERED IN THE ADJACENT COASTAL 
WATERS...WITH ONLY OCCASIONAL PATCHES OF BROKEN LOW CLOUDS MOVING 
ALONG WITH THE PREVAILING TRADE FLOW.

A FRONT IS NEARLY STATIONARY AROUND 450 MILES NORTH OF KAUAI...AND 
APPEARS TO BE WEAKENING.  MOST OF THE ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS THAT 
HAD BEEN OCCURRING ALONG THE FRONT HAVE DISSIPATED OVER THE PAST 
SEVERAL HOURS.  SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED TOWERING CUMULUS 
CLOUDS ARE STILL PRESENT...MOST OF WHICH ARE CURRENTLY NORTH OF 29N 
BETWEEN 151W AND 167W.

IN THE UPPER AIR ABOVE 25 THOUSAND FEET...A DOUBLE-BARRELED TROUGH...
SO TO SPEAK...EXISTS OVER AND JUST EAST OF THE STATE.  AS ONE SYSTEM 
EXITS TO THE EAST AND NORTHEAST...ANOTHER IS ADVANCING FROM THE WEST 
AND HAS PUSHED OVER KAUAI AND OAHU.  NEITHER FEATURE HAS BEEN HAVING 
MUCH OF AN EFFECT ON SURFACE WEATHER NEAR THE ISLANDS....THOUGH THE 
TROUGH TO THE EAST HAS BEEN HELPING TO PRODUCE A LARGE SWATH OF HIGH 
CLOUDS EAST OF 150W.

MOST OF THE CONVECTION ALONG THE INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE FAR 
SOUTH OF HAWAII HAS DISSIPATED FOR THE TIME BEING.  SMALL AREAS OF 
SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS...NONETHELESS...ARE IGNITING FROM 
07N TO 10N BETWEEN 161W AND 167W...AND FROM 06.5N TO 12.5N WEST OF 
175W.  A WEAK TROUGH APPROXIMATELY 600 MILES SOUTH OF HONOLULU... 
MOVING WEST AT 10 TO 15 MPH...IS ALSO INDUCING CONVECTION.  MOST OF 
THIS ACTIVITY IS LOCATED FROM 12N TO 14N BETWEEN 155W AND 161.5W AS 
OF THIS WRITING.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.