Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 10:56:38 -0500

580 
ATPQ40 PGUM 141556
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 AM CHST FRI OCT 15 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A MONSOON TROUGH EXTENDS EASTWARD FROM THE CENTRAL PHILIPPINES 
THROUGH A WEAK CIRCULATION CENTERED NORTHWEST OF KOROR AT 11N131E TO 
TROPICAL STORM MEGI (15W) CENTERED NORTH OF YAP AT 13N138E...THEN 
TURNS SOUTHEASTWARD TO END AT 2N145E. MEGI HAS MAXIMUM SUSTAINED 
WINDS OF 70 MPH AND IS MOVING WEST-NORTHWEST AT 9 MPH. SCATTERED TO 
NUMEROUS SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE OCCURRING NEAR THE 
CENTER NORTH OF YAP BETWEEN 11N AND 15N FROM 136E TO 141E. SCATTERED 
SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS ARE FOUND FARTHER SOUTH OVER YAP 
BETWEEN 7N AND 11N FROM 138E TO 142E. FOR MORE INFORMATION ON 
TROPICAL STORM MEGI...SEE ADVISORIES ISSUED BY THE NATIONAL WEATHER 
SERVICE UNDER WMO HEADER WTPQ31 PGUM AND JTWC BULLETINS UNDER WMO 
HEADER WTPN31 PGTW.

CONVERGENT SOUTHWEST WINDS SOUTH OF THE MONSOON TROUGH ARE PRODUCING 
SCATTERED SHOWERS SOUTH OF KOROR WITHIN 35 MILES OF A LINE FROM 
5N132E TO 6N137E. TRADE WINDS CONVERGING TOWARD THE SOUTHEASTERN END 
OF THE MONSOON TROUGH ARE TRIGGERING SCATTERED SHOWERS SOUTHWEST AND 
SOUTH OF CHUUK BETWEEN 3N AND 6N FROM 146E TO 152E.

A PRONOUNCED SURFACE TROUGH REACHES NORTHEASTWARD FROM SOUTHWEST OF 
KOSRAE AT 1N161E TO NORTHEAST OF WAKE ISLAND AT 22N170E. WIDELY 
SCATTERED TO SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE OCCURRING NEAR THE SOUTHERN END 
OF THE TROUGH OVER POHNPEI AND KOSRAE WITHIN 75 MILES OF A LINE FROM 
7N156E TO 5N161E TO 8N164E...AND ALSO OVER MAJURO BETWEEN 6N AND 9N 
FROM 169E TO 172E. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE 
FOUND FARTHER NORTH BETWEEN 10N AND 20N FROM 164E TO 174E... 
INCLUDING WAKE ISLAND.

AN UPPER-LEVEL LOW IS CENTERED NORTHWEST OF WAKE ISLAND AT 24N164E. 
ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE PRESENT IN THE VICINITY OF THIS FEATURE 
NORTH OF A LINE FROM 21N164E TO 24N171E.

$$

CHAN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.