Subject: Pacific-NW: Tropical Storm Megi (15w) Advisory Number 7

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 11:08:33 -0500

WTPQ31 PGUM 141608
TCPPQ1

BULLETIN
TROPICAL STORM MEGI (15W) ADVISORY NUMBER 7
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU WP152010
200 AM CHST FRI OCT 15 2010

...TROPICAL STORM MEGI MOVING FARTHER AWAY FROM THE MARIANAS...

NO TROPICAL CYCLONE WATCHES OR WARNINGS ARE IN EFFECT.

AT 100 AM CHST...1500Z...THE CENTER OF TROPICAL STORM MEGI (15W) WAS 
LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE 13.3 DEGREES NORTH AND LONGITUDE 138.1 DEGREES 
EAST. THIS IS ABOUT
                    260 MILES NORTH OF YAP
                    295 MILES NORTH-NORTHWEST OF FAIS
                    255 MILES NORTH-NORTHWEST OF ULITHI
                    485 MILES NORTH-NORTHEAST OF KOROR...AND
                    445 MILES WEST OF GUAM.

TROPICAL STORM MEGI IS MOVING TOWARD THE WEST-NORTHWEST AT 9 
MPH...AND THIS GENERAL MOTION IS EXPECTED TO CONTINUE FOR THE NEXT 
24 HOURS.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE 70 MPH. TROPICAL STORM MEGI IS EXPECTED 
TO INTENSIFY...AND COULD BECOME A TYPHOON LATER TODAY. TROPICAL 
STORM FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO 65 MILES FROM THE CENTER.

REPEATING THE 100 AM CHST POSITION...LATITUDE 13.3 DEGREES NORTH AND 
LONGITUDE 138.1 DEGREES EAST...MOVING WEST-NORTHWEST AT 9 MPH WITH 
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS OF 70 MPH.

THE NEXT ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED BY THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE AT 
800 AM LATER THIS MORNING.

$$

CHAN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.