Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 11:11:20 -0500

216 
FZPN01 KWBC 141611
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC THU OCT 14 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC OCT 14 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 15 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 16. 

.WARNINGS. 

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 57N134W 990 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. OVER WATERS WITHIN 420 NM S 
AND 600 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 19 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND AND CONDITIONS 
DIMINISHED.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 53N163W 1003 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. FROM 43N TO 54N BETWEEN 
156W AND 172W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N147W 1010 MB. WITHIN 300 NM E QUADRANT 
240 NM SE OF A LINE FROM THE LOW TO 47N148W TO 43N156W WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N139W 1001 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
56N133W TO 47N138W. OVER WATERS WITHIN 180 NM SE AND E QUADRANTS 
AND 240 NM SE OF THE FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 48N170E 1006 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. WITHIN 300 NM E AND 420 NM 
SE QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N176W 993 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
BETWEEN 180 NM AND 360 NM NW QUADRANT...AND FROM 40N TO 56N 
BETWEEN 167W AND 178E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N168W 971 MB. OVER WATERS WITHIN 240 NM 
W AND SW SEMICIRCLES WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 720 NM SE AND 660 NM SW QUADRANTS AND 420 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 140W AND 170W E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 142W AND 174W E TO NE 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 37N TO 44N BETWEEN 124W AND 129W N TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 38N TO 46N BETWEEN 123W AND 127W N TO NE 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.

.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 43N166E 1010 MB. FROM 38N TO 45N BETWEEN 
175E AND 160E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 40N TO 56N 
BETWEEN 176W AND 166E...AND N OF 60N BETWEEN 168W AND 176W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 40N TO 55N BETWEEN 165W AND 
175E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 240 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 
51N154W TO 45N166W...AND FROM 36N TO 42N BETWEEN 175E AND 160E.

.HIGH 39N159W 1033 MB NEARLY STATIONARY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N158W 1031 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N152W 1028 MB.

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 41N138W 1029 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N135W 1026 MB.

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 33N175E 1023 MB.

.FORECASTER COLLINS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC THU OCT 14.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FRI OCT 15.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SAT OCT 16.

.WARNINGS.

...STORM WARNING...
.WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N96.5W INCLUDING 
THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 34 TO 50 KT. SEAS 9 TO 
15 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 16N94.5W 
TO 13N96W INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 34 
TO 50 KT. SEAS 11 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 16N94.5W 
TO 14N95W INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 
TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT IN NE SWELL.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 90 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 
FROM 16N94.5W TO 13N96.5W TO 11N100W INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 33 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 90 NM 
EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 16N94.5W TO 13N96W TO 09N103W INCLUDING 
THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 33 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
12 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 05N TO 14N BETWEEN 90W AND 103W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT IN MIXED NE AND SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 90 NM 
EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 16N94.5W TO 14N95W TO 11N98W INCLUDING 
THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
12 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 03N TO 12N BETWEEN 90W AND 108W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT IN MIXED NE AND SW SWELL.

.LOW PRES 13.5N131.5W 1012 MB WITH TROUGH NE TO 18N128W. FROM 
13N TO 20N W OF LOW AND TROUGH WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT 
IN NE SWELL. FROM 13N TO 20N E OF LOW AND TROUGH TO 121W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NE SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 15N134W 1012 MB WITH TROUGH NE 
TO 19N132W. FROM 13N TO 20N BETWEEN 128W AND 136W AND FROM 10N 
TO 17N BETWEEN 115W AND 128W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT 
IN PRIMARILY NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH 14N137W TO 20N135W. FROM 18N TO 20N 
BETWEEN 132W AND 134W E TO SE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.

.S OF 07N BETWEEN 80W AND 86W SW WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT 
PRIMARILY IN SW SWELL. S OF 07N BETWEEN 94W AND 120W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 02N TO 08N E OF 86W SW TO W WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 00N TO 08N E OF 86W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN SW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 03N TO 08N E OF 87W SW TO W WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT PRIMARILY IN SW SWELL.

.WITHIN 30 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 11N86W TO 
10N90W...INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 11N86W 
TO 09N89W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1500 UTC THU OCT 14...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS IS FROM 07N77W TO 09N90W 
TO 06N100W TO 10N123W TO 07N135W TO 10N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE 
ISOLATED STRONG IS ALONG THE COAST OF PANAMA FROM 03N TO 8N 
BETWEEN 76W AND 80W. SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG IS FROM 08N TO 
12N BETWEEN 88W AND 94W. SCATTERED MODERATE IS FROM 06N TO 09N 
BETWEEN 114W AND 117W. WIDELY SCATTERED MODERATE IS FROM 06N TO 
12N BETWEEN 124W AND 132W. 

$$
.FORECASTER AL. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.