Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 11:40:13 -0500

965 
FZPN40 PHFO 141640
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC THU OCT 14 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC OCT 14 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 15 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 16 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N151W TO 29N157W TO 29N164W TO 29N172W TO 30N176W 
NEARLY STATIONARY. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF FRONT. E 
TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT BECOMING SHEAR LINE FROM 30N146W TO 28N160W 
TO 30N174W. E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 
SHEAR LINE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 30N145W TO 26N151W...CONTINUING AS A 
SHEAR LINE TO 29N165W TO 27N178E. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.TROUGH FROM 19N170E TO 11N164E MOVING NW SLOWLY. E TO SE WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT WITHIN 120 NM E OF TROUGH. SCATTERED MODERATE TO LOCALLY 
STRONG TSTMS ELSEWHERE WITHIN 330 NM E...AND WITHIN 120 NM W OF 
TROUGH. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 22N166E TO 15N165E. E TO SE WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT WITHIN 180 NM E OF TROUGH. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 27N160E TO 17N162E. E TO SE WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT WITHIN 150 NM E OF TROUGH.

.TROUGH FROM 14N157W TO 08N165W MOVING W 10 KT. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 210 NM OF TROUGH.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING TROUGH FROM 15N164W TO 10N168W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WEAK TROUGH FROM 17N168W TO 12N171W.

.RIDGE FROM 30N162E TO 28N160E NEARLY STATIONARY. 

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN AREA FROM 11N TO 17N BETWEEN 151W AND 164W. SEAS 
8 TO 9 FT IN AREA N OF 28N BETWEEN 150W AND 175W...AND IN AREA FROM 
14N TO 20N BETWEEN 172E AND 167E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN AREA N OF 28N BETWEEN 145W AND 
173W. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN AREA FROM 17N TO 24N BETWEEN 170E AND 166E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN AREA N OF 27N BETWEEN 147W AND 
179W. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN AREA FROM 20N TO 27N BETWEEN 165E AND 162E. 

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA N OF 20N BETWEEN 175E AND 164E. 

.ITCZ FROM 10N140W TO 10N153W...AND FROM 10N169W TO 12N176E. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF ITCZ. 

$$
.FORECASTER HOUSTON. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.