Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 13:30:19 -0500

225 
ATHW40 PHFO 141830
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC THU OCT 14 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC OCTOBER 14 2010

HIGH PRESSURE LOCATED FAR NORTH OF HAWAII IS PRODUCING TRADE WINDS 
NEAR THE SURFACE ACROSS THE TROPICS AND SUBTROPICS OF THE CENTRAL 
PACIFIC. LOW CLOUDS ARE MOVING 10 TO 20 MPH ACROSS THE CENTRAL 
PACIFIC AS TRADE WINDS PUSH THE CLOUDS FROM EAST TO WEST. FROM 140W 
TO 145W...BROKEN STRATOCUMULUS /SC/ CAN BE FOUND BEFORE 
TRANSITIONING TO SCATTERED SC AND CUMULUS FROM 145W TO THE DATELINE 
BETWEEN 10N AND 27N. 

AN UPPER LEVEL TROUGH IDENTIFIED IN THE WATER VAPOR CHANNEL EXTENDS 
FROM NORTH TO SOUTH ALONG 150W. THE TROUGH IS PRODUCING BROKEN MID 
AND UPPER LEVEL CIRRUS FROM 16N TO 26N BETWEEN 140W AND 145W. 

A STALLED FRONTAL BOUNDARY LOCATED ALONG 30N EXTENDS FROM EAST TO 
WEST BETWEEN 150W TO 175W. THE BOUNDARY IS CREATING BROKEN LOW AND 
MID LEVEL CLOUDS WITH SOME EMBEDDED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS BETWEEN 27N AND 30N. 

OVER THE ISLANDS...SKIES ARE CLEAR OVER LAND FROM OAHU TO THE BIG 
ISLAND THIS MORNING WITH A FEW EXCEPTIONS OF CLOUDY SKIES OVER THE 
KOOLAU MTS...THE MOUNTAINS OVER EXTREME NE MOLOKAI...AND THE EASTERN 
LOWER SLOPES OF HALEAKALA. OVER KAUAI...SKIES ARE MOSTLY CLOUDY OVER 
THE MOUNTAINS WITH PARTLY CLOUDY SKIES OVER THE WINDWARD COAST. THE 
SOUTHWEST COAST HAS MOSTLY CLEAR SKIES. COASTAL WATERS AROUND THE 
ISLANDS HAVE PARTLY CLOUDY SKIES.  

$$

MORRISON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.