Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 16:49:07 -0500

822 
FZPN01 KWBC 142149
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC THU OCT 14 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC OCT 14 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 15 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 16. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 50N173E 1004 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. FROM 40N TO 51N BETWEEN 
179W AND 170E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N172W 984 MB. FROM 40N TO 58N BETWEEN 
163W AND 178W...AND N OF 51N BETWEEN 179E AND 171E WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N166W 965 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
57N152W TO 51N149W TO 46N152W TO 40N172W. ACROSS THE BERING SEA 
WITHIN 240 NM SW SEMICIRCLE WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 18 TO 28 FT. 
ELSEWHERE OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 600 NM S...840 NM W...420 
NM N...AND 300 NM E QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 
FT. ALSO WITHIN 240 NM E AND SE OF THE FRONT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS TO 11 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 52N159W 1006 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. WITHIN 600 NM S AND 360 NM 
SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N142W 1008 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM THE 
LOW TO 48N144W TO 43N151W. WITHIN 240 NM E QUADRANT AND 180 NM 
SE OF THE FRONT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL INLAND. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 54N131W 
TO 47N135W. OVER WATERS WITHIN 180 NM SE OF THE FRONT WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.WITHIN 300 NM N OF A LINE FROM 38N130W TO 30N144W...AND FROM 
30N TO 35N BETWEEN 144W AND 170W E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 141W AND 149W...AND 
FROM 30N TO 33N BETWEEN 158W AND 174W E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.LOW 60N143W 997 MB MOVING SW 10 KT. WITHIN 600 NM SE AND 360 NM 
W QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT...EXCEPT IN W 
QUADRANT SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N148W 1006 MB. WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. 

.LOW NW OF AREA 64N173W 1001 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. N OF 60N 
BETWEEN 165W AND 170W S WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 64N173W 1001 MB. N OF 63N 
BETWEEN THE ALASKAN COAST AND 170W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS 
THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW ABSORBED BY LOW 57N166W WITH CONDITIONS 
DESCRIBED IN WARNINGS SECTION ABOVE.

.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 35N TO 43N BETWEEN 167E AND 160E WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 38N TO 44N BETWEEN 180W AND 163E WINDS TO 
25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 37N TO 44N BETWEEN 124W AND 128W N TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 38N TO 45N BETWEEN 124W AND 127W N TO NE 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 40N TO 53N 
BETWEEN 176W AND 171E...AND N OF 58N BETWEEN 168W AND 173W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 40N TO 54N BETWEEN 162W AND 
176W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 120 NM OF 49N149W...AND FROM 
37N TO 41N BETWEEN 174W AND 167E. 

.HIGH 39N154W 1033 MB DRIFTING W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N156W 1030 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N149W 1027 MB.

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 43N133W 1029 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N136W 1027 MB.

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 33N176E 1022 MB.

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 51N164E 1028 MB.

.FORECASTER COLLINS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC THU OCT 14.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FRI OCT 15.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SAT OCT 16.

.WARNINGS.

...STORM WARNING...
.WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N96.5W INCLUDING 
THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 34 TO 50 KT. SEAS 10 TO 
15 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 16N94.5W 
TO 13N96W INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 
TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 16 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 16N94.5W 
TO 14N95W INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 
TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 90 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 
FROM 16N94.5W TO 13N96.5W TO 11N100W INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 33 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 90 NM 
EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 16N94.5W TO 13N96W TO 09N103W INCLUDING 
THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 33 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
12 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 05N TO 14N BETWEEN 90W AND 103W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT IN MIXED NE AND SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 90 NM 
EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 16N94.5W TO 14N95W TO 11N98W INCLUDING 
THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
10 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 03N TO 12N BETWEEN 92W AND 108W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT IN MIXED NE AND SW SWELL.

.TROUGH 13N135W TO 17N131W. FROM 14N TO 19N BETWEEN 123W AND 
135W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN N SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH 14N136W TO 19N133W. FROM 16N TO 20N 
BETWEEN 131W AND 134W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN MIXED 
S AND NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH 14N137W TO 21N135W. FROM 18N TO 20N 
BETWEEN 133W AND 135W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN 
MIXED S AND NW SWELL.

.S OF 06N BETWEEN 80W AND 85W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT 
IN SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 02N TO 08N E OF 90W SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 05N TO 08N E OF 92W SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 9 FT.

.WITHIN 30 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 11N86W TO 10N90W INCLUDING
THE GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 11N86W 
TO 09N89W INCLUDING THE GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC THU OCT 14...

.TROUGH 13N135W TO 17N131W. SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 14N TO 18N 
BETWEEN 128W AND 135W.

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 10N86W TO 06N101W TO 
06N114W TO 10N127W TO 08N134W TO 09N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE 
ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 60 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 90W AND 97W. 
SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 90 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 115W AND 128W. 

$$
.FORECASTER MUNDELL. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.